NGD - It Has Arrived!

Doug B

Basic Hack
I ordered this SE Custom 24-08 in Eriza Verde this past Thursday afternoon, and the email confirmation said that it would arrive in 3-5 business days, so I was figuring that it would get here by the end of next week.

It arrived this afternoon at 2:55 PM. And holy S is it ever beautiful! Vibrant! Stunning! I'd like to lower the action a little and change to Stringjoy 9-42s, but other than that it is just flat out perfect. The whammy bar is the best out of any I've ever tried, including the one on my former Duesenberg. The coil tap switches work better (for me) than push/pull knobs. And the TCI pickups are sweet!

As I mentioned in my other thread, I have to turn it over to my wife tomorrow so that she can wrap it and put it under the tree. It is going to be a long 7 weeks!

Last edited:
Nice :)

KAfwdqv.png

Explain to wife that this guitar WAS a tree(s) and that putting it under some lowly pine would be an insult to it's majesty! It will get no sunlight, therefore can not grow and the maple and mahogany are superior trees to begin with compared to the pine!! By starving this "child" of the attention it deserves will severely affect it's growth and if she does in fact take such actions, GPS (Guitar Protection Services) may be notified and she could be in some hot tar (not water)!!! Whatever the result is from you telling her this, congrats on a killer score and Happy Christmas to you and yours!!!!

It has been decided that this guitar will not go under the tree… because a Zach Myers model is going under the tree instead. She found one in Trampas Green, it’ll be here in a couple days. :D
Wow, you got some sweet MOJO goin' on there! V Cool jewels for the yule season!! Any more announcements like this and I think my congrats may sour due to jealousy!!! All kidding aside, I am truly happy you seem to have this all under control!!!! Note: Clone Doug B's wife!!!!!

Back