Unofficial Reclaimed Limited Thread

NEW GUITAR DAY!
2017 PRS S2 "Reclaimed Wood" Vela
Date of manufacture St. Patrick's Day 2017.
(My wife says she's glad there are no nail holes in it as some others in this series have. hahaha)
The sunlight was kinda bright so I can assure you that it is better looking in person where you can really see the pink streaks in the top wood a lot better.
Even the Mahogany back has a lot of 3D effect in the light. Very unique and recognizable appearance. Very happy!!!
Extending public THANKS to Matt at Action Music in Falls Church Virginia for calling in my order as soon as I hung up with him!

PRS-2017-Vela-Reclaimed-Wood-HANGAR18.jpg

PRS-2017-Vela-01.jpg

PRS-2017-Vela-02.jpg

PRS-2017-Vela-03.jpg

PRS-2017-Vela-04.jpg

Every one of these that I've seen posted is amazing looking. Whoever pushed through the idea to do this run is a flipping genius!

+1 on this. The decision to use this wood on a few of the more "understated" models like an S2 Vela and the CE really matches the vibe here. Can't wait to get mine!

NEW GUITAR DAY!
(My wife says she's glad there are no nail holes in it as some others in this series have. hahaha)
The sunlight was kinda bright so I can assure you that it is better looking in person where you can really see the pink streaks in the top wood a lot better.
Even the Mahogany back has a lot of 3D effect in the light. Very unique and recognizable appearance. Very happy!!!
Extending public THANKS to Matt at Action Music in Falls Church Virginia for calling in my order as soon as I hung up with him!

I know where you are!!! Look at Kaiser behind your and the State Theatre to your left!!

NEW GUITAR DAY!

PRS-2017-Vela-01.jpg

PRS-2017-Vela-02.jpg

PRS-2017-Vela-03.jpg

PRS-2017-Vela-04.jpg

Dude, nice haul! That is just gorgeous! This run is just off the charts!

My husband and I have an incoming Vela from Brian's. Jeremy was nice enough to send pictures to tide us over while we wait for our new baby. I'll try to post the pictures in my next reply because my post count is too low.

vela3.jpg

Remind me again why I waited so long to get a Vela? o_O I haven't been so impressed with a new (to me) model guitar, ever. The initial tone tests tell me the D type pickup is possibly my favorite PRS neck pickup. Sounded so good thru the Super Dallas with trem, reverb, and delay it would bring a tear to your eye. Just wow...

Congrats! Seeing lots of nice backsides on these!
But...How's it sound?
Some thought it would sound really bright. To me, not that much. It's warm, but articulate, and the volume control backs down the tone as much as the volume. I'm so anxious to gig this guitar.

Back