Unofficial Reclaimed Limited Thread

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by dsenoj, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Fro

Fro New Member

I’ve thought about putting the same bridge pickup in mine but I just can’t seem to make myself get rid of the stock pups.

2. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

That is a very interesting modification! But I don't think I could ever do it - I love the stock pups on my RL Vela, they get a tone that is super unique, and I would fear swapping pups would just make the guitar sound like "just" a semi-hollow CU22.

I put down a rhythm and lead track on the weekend for a new song we are recording which was written originally on the Vela, so I knew it had to be that guitar. I used the neck pup for the rhythm, tone dialed back a bit, going into a couple modulation pedals to get a nice swirly sound with a touch of OD and delay/reverb, and the neck/bridge combo (unsplit) no modulation, into a bit of OD/dirt and delay for the lead stuff, tone dialed back a bit again. I really liked the results.

I couldn't care less that those pups are "Korean made", they suit the guitar to a tee, for me.

ooglybong and Bruddha like this.
  3. Slivermoon

Slivermoon New Member

Wow ! I have similar intent...need a CE24RL to meet my Vela RL. :)
    ...but...here in Europe, a few Vela RLs are surfacing up (@THomann and Andertons UK today) - no CEs!!!

Great pair !

4. 21Hemispheres12

21Hemispheres12 New Member

Thank you!

I had wanted to pick up the Vela to go along with the CE but I didn't have any realistic plans to do so.

Then I went to my local Sam Ash when PRSh came to do a clinic and when I walked into the store I saw it hanging on the wall and was shocked.

They were offering 10% off all PRS guitars that night and I was able to get Paul to sign it so that's how the Vela pretty much forced itself home with me.

bodia, Big Mard and g.wizz like this.
  5. Tim Jones

Tim Jones New Member

I discovered the Reclaimed series too late to grab one when they first came out, but I was fortunate to find this one on ebay for $xxxx in like new condition. I thought it over for a day and decided to grab it. It plays wonderful and has a bright tone. I changed the trem over to the Mann 2040 unit and swapped out the pickup rings, toggle switch cover to black.
    [​IMG]

#545 Tim Jones, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2018
    Dondante, Basauri, grausch and 2 others like this.
  6. Ovibos

Ovibos Naughty Wood Librarian

Twinsies! Mine is the same (except the bridge is the MannMade 2000 NOS) and I'm also rocking the Katana.

#546 Ovibos, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2018
  7. Olds442

Olds442 New Member

I put my vela up for sale on the chicago craigslist as I'm thinning the herd for a house down payment. i'll grab a regular vela after i get the house this summer since it's such a great guitar.

congrats to the new owners up above!

8. Dondante

Dondante New Member

OK I posted this in the Tech section. Figured you guys may be of some help:

I am installing following on my reclaimed CU24 (85/15s):

Lollar Imperial 4 conductor
    Low turn - Neck
    Standard - Bridge

Is there anything with the wiring that will need to be replaced? does this guitar have a bright cap etc? if so should I leave it or remove?

I would also likea push/push volume for the split. can anyone recomend which one i would need? size shaft and value?