Unofficial Reclaimed Limited Thread

Got my CE yesterday! Plays and sounds like a dream. Figured you guys would enjoy the pictures...I've certainly been enjoying everyone else's. If i could choose, i'd probably opt for a slightly more patterned / dark top - but overall i'm absolutely happy with this one. Enjoy!

7djFwb3.jpg

NNMQPXH.jpg

TxPv0rT.jpg
kDCN3Ft.jpg
ssnMdjl.jpg
cXuFqEh.jpg
MTS1wAV.jpg
bkUFVI0.jpg
Congrats, Enjoy your first, and I assure you it won't be the last PRS, you got the bug you know?

Congrats on this lovely specimen
are these holes left unseald and covered only by the clear coat?
Yes. They aren't big or cavernous - not like you could store your picks in there - but they have darkening from rust and you just know what they are. When you have it in your hands, you're glad they're there.

New guy here, just received my first PRS after playing for 14 years and I honestly have no idea what took me so long to get one! I have been thinking about seriously getting a PRS for months now and when I saw these I decided it would be a perfect unique first PRS. Upon pulling it out of the gig bag, the first thing I noticed was how well set up it was and the fit and finish is fantastic. I haven't had to much time with it yet but so far I'd describe it as a very full and warm sound and the body just resonates like crazy! Here are some pictures for you all to enjoy!

20170401_180339.jpg
20170401_180346.jpg

Nice!

No fishy smell on mine. It actually smells like the ebony board on my MM LIII. It definitely smells different than the rosewood boards.

That case is a bargain!!! That's among the rarest of PRS cases - the 2009 limited run (I want to say 15 made, but it may have been 25 or so) with the inner custom graphic of a black panther roaming the inside of a cavern on the night of the new moon during a lunar eclipse. It's like you're getting the guitar for free!

No fishy smell on mine. It actually smells like the ebony board on my MM LIII. It definitely smells different than the rosewood boards.

Interesting - in all my years of playing I've never smelled my fretboard. Don't think I've smelled a guitar either. I'll make sure it's the first thing I do upon arrival of my new CE is just that - LOL

Just got my new RL Vela today. Plays and sounds completely amazing, setup is perfect, resonance for days! Anyone else have that weird fish oil smell from the fret board?

5453531379993835604%253Faccount_id%253D1

5928184944103421892%253Faccount_id%253D1

My CE smells Funny, I hace to say... Probably fish is a good term. I don't mind though.

Just got my new RL Vela today. Plays and sounds completely amazing, setup is perfect, resonance for days! Anyone else have that weird fish oil smell from the fret board?

5453531379993835604%253Faccount_id%253D1

5928184944103421892%253Faccount_id%253D1

Hot! Welcome to the Forum! Still waiting for mine!

...must be that verrrrrrrry expensive hard shell case in place of the gig bag.

So, scalping already and the run isn't even done being manufactured and shipped..

This kinda bums me out, I got my Vela from Ish at the normal retail price. The other RL CEs they sold were also at retail.....and now this, a $400 markup? Seriously?

Back