Unofficial Reclaimed Limited Thread

Great write up Deepcreek and yours is sweet looking! Honestly I haven't seen one yet that I dislike, they all look great! Just what I was hoping to hear about these Vela's tone though, it's amazing that there aren't many vids or sound samples out there of these semi-hollow Vela's. I was looking for something with a blues vibe. I took a guess from what I was hearing from the regular Vela that these would have that feel.
Mine will be here Monday... it's going to be a long weekend ;)
-Jim

I wasn't shooting for a specific blues vibe, but there is a vibe vibe in this video I shot for 'internal purposes only'. :D

Too bad you can't see me nearly fall over toward the end...listen for the clam and you'll know I almost took a spill with my days-old Vela. :eek:

I wasn't shooting for a specific blues vibe, but there is a vibe vibe in this video I shot for 'internal purposes only'. :D

Too bad you can't see me nearly fall over toward the end...listen for the clam and you'll know I almost took a spill with my days-old Vela. :eek:

See everyone says these Reclaimed limited models are just bowling people over, now you have proof :)
-Jim

I think everything PRS makes will do the blues, JimB1. I`ve tried on all the SE`s, a CE 24, SAS, USA Mira, S2 22 & 24 custom, and they all scream. Hell, I Even had a drummer play a shuffle on a PRS hard case with brushes just for fun. It all worked.

I think everything PRS makes will do the blues, JimB1. I`ve tried on all the SE`s, a CE 24, SAS, USA Mira, S2 22 & 24 custom, and they all scream. Hell, I Even had a drummer play a shuffle on a PRS hard case with brushes just for fun. It all worked.

Yeah I know you can play blues on anything (and people have) but the fact is I can drive an SUV on the Indianapolis speedway too but there are much better options out there. You may not be competitive with a pro driver in a custom race car but if you were in a Porche 911 or a Corvette at least it feels like you should be there more then if you were in a Ford Explorer if you get my meaning. They all go around in circles but some just do it with more style :)

I had a Les Paul Studio a few years ago and just didn't bond with it at all and I wasn't thrilled with the build quality of the lower end Gibsons (which is why I was looking at other options this time around, in the under $1500 semi-hollow range Gibson just isn't a player for my money). Could I play some stuff on it? Yes, but it never felt right to me so I got rid of it and haven't had an electric since then. I have a Martin D-18 that I can play blues on but it just doesn't feel or sound as good as my Gibson J-45 for that type of music but for Folk/rock stuff like Neil Young the D-18 sounds right.

So basically, if I'm just chasing a sound and feel (aren't we all) that I equate to Blues. Might be like a placebo effect, it feels right so I'm happier with it and tend to play it better.
JMHO
-Jim

... I can drive an SUV on the Indianapolis speedway... but if you were in a Porche 911... you should be there more. They all go around in circles but some just do it with more style :)

Having done both, I can confirm the latter is the preferred method. Style and brute force can go hand-in-hand. :D This Vela fits that description, too, if you want it to.

I think the RL Vela is a helluva guitar for the blues. My point was that PRS doesn`t make a guitar that won`t rip up the blues. They`re just different flavors of a fantastic recipe to me. 1 of each would be about right. Having said that your Vela is a wonderful way to start.

I don't know if I am the first to gig with the RL SH Vela, but I must be one of the first...

Here I am covering Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, I think. Dave Armstrong, in the background, plays a fantastic 5-string composite-body fiddle. Earlier I had played Neil Young's Rockin' In The Free World, and a bunch of our originals were played throughout the night, with lots of tasty rhythm bits, including pseudo-acoustic clean tones, and quite a few nice opportunities for solos (I also play other instruments, so the Vela was used maybe 25% of the time).

IMG_6495_1024_zpsmhasrgou.jpg

I got lots of compliments on the guitar, both how it looked and how it sounded. And when folks heard about the provenance of the woods, they were very interested in procuring one for themselves or someone they knew. This guitar is amaze-balls. PRS has hit this one not only out of the park, but into the next county/shire.

I don't know if I am the first to gig with the RL SH Vela, but I must be one of the first...

Here I am covering Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, I think. Dave Armstrong, in the background, plays a fantastic 5-string composite-body fiddle. Earlier I had played Neil Young's Rockin' In The Free World, and a bunch of our originals were played throughout the night, with lots of tasty rhythm bits, including pseudo-acoustic clean tones, and quite a few nice opportunities for solos (I also play other instruments, so the Vela was used maybe 25% of the time).

IMG_6495_1024_zpsmhasrgou.jpg

I got lots of compliments on the guitar, both how it looked and how it sounded. And when folks heard about the provenance of the woods, they were very interested in procuring one for themselves or someone they knew. This guitar is amaze-balls. PRS has hit this one not only out of the park, but into the next county/shire.
OK... first of all, just cuz you're out in public doesn't mean you have to cover up your f hole.o_O
Second, I gotta gets me one o' them fancy drink holders!
And third, so glad the Vela knocked it out! I've been waffling on this axe. I know my P22 covers it for me, but this Vela is just so cool!
Fantastic!:cool:

Got my CE yesterday! Plays and sounds like a dream. Figured you guys would enjoy the pictures...I've certainly been enjoying everyone else's. If i could choose, i'd probably opt for a slightly more patterned / dark top - but overall i'm absolutely happy with this one. Enjoy!

7djFwb3.jpg

NNMQPXH.jpg

TxPv0rT.jpg
kDCN3Ft.jpg
ssnMdjl.jpg
cXuFqEh.jpg
MTS1wAV.jpg
bkUFVI0.jpg

I got my CE on Saturday as well. Love it! Ive owned many guitars in my life, but I think this one will be right up there at the top of my list of favorites. This is my first PRS, and I took a chance on ordering blindly on the Internet, but I had a hunch this was the "real deal". The hunch proved correct!

I got my CE on Saturday as well. Love it! Ive owned many guitars in my life, but I think this one will be right up there at the top of my list of favorites. This is my first PRS, and I took a chance on ordering blindly on the Internet, but I had a hunch this was the "real deal". The hunch proved correct!
Good choice Mike, and welcome!

Good choice Mike, and welcome!
Yes, but we need pics! Like the ones posted by JKozy88 (pics deleted from quote):

Got my CE yesterday! Plays and sounds like a dream. Figured you guys would enjoy the pictures...I've certainly been enjoying everyone else's. If i could choose, i'd probably opt for a slightly more patterned / dark top - but overall i'm absolutely happy with this one. Enjoy!
Nice pics! The tops on these are amazingly different from specimen to specimen, and while yours and mine might not be as wild as some, they still have character. And more importantly, dang they play well!!!

OK... first of all, just cuz you're out in public doesn't mean you have to cover up your f hole.o_O
Second, I gotta gets me one o' them fancy drink holders!
And third, so glad the Vela knocked it out! I've been waffling on this axe. I know my P22 covers it for me, but this Vela is just so cool!
Fantastic!:cool:
Ha ha! Yeah, well. obviously I'm not the photographer, and I would have tried to time the shot better to show off that f-hole, but oh well!

Yeah, those drink holders are called SwirlyGig microphone stand drink holders, and they are great! About $10 a piece on Amazon.

I love my P24, I'll probably use that regularly still because it is so versatile, but when I can cut loose a little and not have to worry whether my electric-piezo is faking it well enough, the Vela is going to be an obvious option.

Back