Tube amps...why?

You may not be clear on what that term means.
Your opinions on sound may be the result of your professional experience. Your attitude, accusations, are probably the result of something else.
Why one earth you’ve taken ANY offense from anything I’ve written is a mystery. And though at first I cared- as, if my goal is to be a pr&ck, (which is exceedingly rare) then I’m very very clear- I no longer do. You’re welcome to think me some brainless internet troll. However, I will not tolerate being treated as such. If that’s your opinion, either keep quiet or expect me NOT to keep quiet

I expect you not to keep quiet. I’m very clear on what the term means. Stop quoting my posts, and I’ll cease quoting yours. Simple armistice and we’re done.

Nope. Self control won the night. It lost the battle this morning, but by that time, someone beat me to it.

I'm proud of you. You used your old bean instead of caving to desire. Not saying there won't be times when there is something else that will pique your interest, but you've highlighted an important point...delayed gratification can sometimes be good thing, instead of the "must-have-now" mindset.

CP, you and I better stay outta this one. We don’t want it to get silly or anything. ;)

CP, you and I better stay outta this one. We don’t want it to get silly or anything. ;)

Thx for the heads-up. I really need to begin thinking about what older age is doing to us, not spend so much time out in the sun, and wear a hat only to prevent palate fiber loss.

And maybe worry less about the twins running around in the background...

If we think about an amplifier as a big part of the media through which we create electric guitar musical art, then it makes fine sense that there will be people working in a variety of media.

Consider me the guy working in oil paints. Oils are a pain. They take forever to dry, they’re perishable once the colors are mixed, and you have to use solvents to clean up after you’re done painting. Acrylics are fast and easy, and the brushes clean up with plain water.

But oil paints have an interesting way they reflect light, almost a luminous quality when done well.

What’s better? Neither. It depends on the painter’s intentions, i.e., what the painter wants you to see.
As an aside OT but related experience I read "Michelangleo's Ceiling" where it talked about the lengthy and expensive process of creating a blue paint. As a wholely-inadequate painter your note struck true.

RnSHnR1.gif
Oh Lord, did I laugh at this. Priceless video.

Did you folks try the peach in the bag technique yet? One unripe peach, an apple, a banana, and a paper bag. Roll up tight. A ripe peach in a day, courtesy of the ethylene gas.

(Am planning on peach cobbler. Will be there with the ice cream as well)

Last edited:
In my best "Les voice..."

“Well, Robert, you have what is called, ‘Overbite Sensation.’ Should we try to fix this?”

Me: “Thanks, no. I realize that every time I try to draw a picture of a horse, I screw it up by overthinking it, so I just toss it over my shoulder and start over.”

“I see. Do you realize that a lot of what you say has hidden meaning?”

Me: “Not really. I gave you a bottle of water when I walked in. Was I supposed to bring enough for everybody?”

“Um, perhaps not. How’s things at the pharmacy?”

Me: “Pretty good, thanks, I prepare each day by cultivating a friendly & positive attitude, and work mostly independently of my coworkers, though coexist by trying to stay out of their business unless asked to help.”

“Do they ever?”

Me: “Ask? It’s how everyone learns, unless you imitate the example shown to you.”

“Interesting. What do consider a good example?”

Me: “When life doesn’t hand me melons for that eval quiz I took in the waiting room.”

“Yep, you’re normal...”

Did you folks try the peach in the bag technique yet? One unripe peach, an apple, a banana, and a paper bag. Roll up tight. A ripe peach in a day, courtesy of the ethylene gas.

(Am planning on peach cobbler. Will be there with the ice cream as well)
Home made ice cream is my thing! Peach and Grape Nut are the only ones in the maker. If the peach festival this year yields only the unripened, I'll try this trick.

Thx for the heads-up. I really need to begin thinking about what older age is doing to us, not spend so much time out in the sun, and wear a hat only to prevent palate fiber loss.

And maybe worry less about the twins running around in the background...
Age affects us all differently. I was thinking more like being sore for two days after a workout. I don’t even know what palate fiber loss is... but at my house, if the twins are running around in the background, DTR ain’t playing on the internet or out in the sun. I’m CHASIN’ them! ;)

Home made ice cream is my thing! Peach and Grape Nut are the only ones in the maker. If the peach festival this year yields only the unripened, I'll try this trick.

It works correctly. The ethylene gas released from the apple and banana ripens the peach. Had actually planned on making some peach cobbler today (canned peaches) and found some vanilla bean ice cream at the grocers...

Age affects us all differently. I was thinking more like being sore for two days after a workout. I don’t even know what palate fiber loss is... but at my house, if the twins are running around in the background, DTR ain’t playing on the internet or out in the sun. I’m CHASIN’ them!

Uh, yeah. If sore, the doctor would say, apply ice packs for 48 hours, then a heating pad or thermal bandage. (Have seen the Salon Pas commercial, and don't agree with it. Doctor knows better.)

Age affects us all differently. I was thinking more like being sore for two days after a workout. I don’t even know what palate fiber loss is... but at my house, if the twins are running around in the background, DTR ain’t playing on the internet or out in the sun. I’m CHASIN’ them! ;)

Meant to say, pate fiber loss...palate fiber loss sounds like my brush needs replacing...LOL...

Uh, yeah. If sore, the doctor would say, apply ice packs for 48 hours, then a heating pad or thermal bandage. (Have seen the Salon Pas commercial, and don't agree with it. Doctor knows better.)

These are just sore muscles from working out. No need for all that. Just saying they don't recover as quickly as they used too.

Meant to say, pate fiber loss...palate fiber loss sounds like my brush needs replacing...LOL...

hmmm, still don't know what that means, but so far, things are still working well enough that I'm not on one of those high fiber diets.

Back to tube amps.
I like the glow. It warms my soul.
I like the heat on a cold winters night.
Mostly I like the intimacy of walking the edge of breaking up almost too much and the tipping point of infinite feedback.
After dark, the amp, the guitar and my hands form the perfect union.

Pretty poetic there, my friend!

These are just sore muscles from working out. No need for all that. Just saying they don't recover as quickly as they used too...

IMHO, exercise has its place, just like money has its place. While there are some sports I enjoy watching/participating in, there are others I detest. This may make a few people bristle, but I don't like violent sports. Things that promote needless pain or injury. Also, things that are too competitive promote attitudes of divisiveness and rivalry, instead of teamwork, fair play and sportsmanship. I don't mind team games, like volleyball or badminton, bowling, or individual or group jogging or distance walking, hiking, or biking, or for toning or strength training, weight-lifting. Exercise releases the enzymes and hormones that promote positive emotions. However, as a rule, my diet doesn't include artificial means for promoting muscle mass gain. My preference is to not look like a Mack truck, only tone and strengthen so muscle stays strong and flexible.

TBH, regards diet and exercise, I'm sure there are many of us who could stand to lose a few pounds, so, like others, I place a healthy lunch as a priority and try to enjoy a Chicken Garden Salad for my noon meal.

My doctor would say that a healthy diet and exercise promotes longevity, and as a result, I've already expressed my gratitude to my doctor for providing healthy solutions to my weight concerns.

hmmm, still don't know what that means, but so far, things are still working well enough that I'm not on one of those high fiber diets.

It meant "hair (hare) loss." (Pate is an old English word for "head." You recall the old children's nursery rhyme song, "This Old Man"?) No worries.

A wise man feeds and nourishes his own body so he cares for it, just like he provides for his family and responsibilities.

FTR, I personally do not wish to be rich, famous, or extraordinarily good-looking. While some may think these are desirable qualities, all of these qualities eventually fail with the passage of time. What is more important is what is in your heart and what you feel, think, say, and do in life. We are all accountable for our actions, so it is wise to learn and apply what we are taught from an early age onwards.

A place to begin is with the family and be thankful for what provisions you had as a child. If perhaps you had a troubled childhood, or were poor, you likely still experienced love among your family. Not all of what examples we view nowadays are good examples, so it is vitally important to be thankful for what we have, not what we want or think we "must-have."

Please accept these words as my feelings for the time. May you enjoy the blessings from enjoying the love of your family time together, enjoying healthy meals and loving your wives and children as adult men should. You care about yourselves, do you not? So it should also be with your loved ones. Keep them safe and happy, and teach them what you know.

IMHO, exercise has its place, just like money has its place. While there are some sports I enjoy watching/participating in, there are others I detest. This may make a few people bristle, but I don't like violent sports. Things that promote needless pain or injury. Also, things that are too competitive promote attitudes of divisiveness and rivalry, instead of teamwork, fair play and sportsmanship. I don't mind team games, like volleyball or badminton, bowling, or individual or group jogging or distance walking, hiking, or biking, or for toning or strength training, weight-lifting. Exercise releases the enzymes and hormones that promote positive emotions. However, as a rule, my diet doesn't include artificial means for promoting muscle mass gain. My preference is to not look like a Mack truck, only tone and strengthen so muscle stays strong and flexible.

TBH, regards diet and exercise, I'm sure there are many of us who could stand to lose a few pounds, so, like others, I place a healthy lunch as a priority and try to enjoy a Chicken Garden Salad for my noon meal.

My doctor would say that a healthy diet and exercise promotes longevity, and as a result, I've already expressed my gratitude to my doctor for providing healthy solutions to my weight concerns.

It meant "hair (hare) loss." (Pate is an old English word for "head." You recall the old children's nursery rhyme song, "This Old Man"?) No worries.

A wise man feeds and nourishes his own body so he cares for it, just like he provides for his family and responsibilities.

FTR, I personally do not wish to be rich, famous, or extraordinarily good-looking. While some may think these are desirable qualities, all of these qualities eventually fail with the passage of time. What is more important is what is in your heart and what you feel, think, say, and do in life. We are all accountable for our actions, so it is wise to learn and apply what we are taught from an early age onwards.

A place to begin is with the family and be thankful for what provisions you had as a child. If perhaps you had a troubled childhood, or were poor, you likely still experienced love among your family. Not all of what examples we view nowadays are good examples, so it is vitally important to be thankful for what we have, not what we want or think we "must-have."

Please accept these words as my feelings for the time. May you enjoy the blessings from enjoying the love of your family time together, enjoying healthy meals and loving your wives and children as adult men should. You care about yourselves, do you not? So it should also be with your loved ones. Keep them safe and happy, and teach them what you know.

Enjoy the trip. There’s some pretty far out food in the commune kitchen if you’re hungry when you come down.

:rolleyes:

Meantime, the rest of us are having a T-group on tube amplifiers.

Back