Tried to order a PRS

matt3310

So I went to my local dealer to order a new PRS. I gave them my specs I wanted. We agreed a Tremonti Artist package was the perfect guitar. I wanted one with a flamed maple neck, and crazy quilt top in Charcoal Cherry burst. Singlecut, Tremolo, locking tuners. I ordered it and left.

Got a call the next day that said the order was rejected. No Quilt top Artist packages.
Anybody know about this? Why cant you get a quilt top in Artist package?

So I figured I'd find a used guitar and have it refinished. I cant find anything like I want without spending 5k plus! Is this that rare of a guitar?

This is the look I want.

043dYZ0.jpg

Occasionally there is a shortage of quilted maple available.

It's not that you are asking for something super rare, but you are asking for something non-core line. The photo you reference is a private stock instrument, so it's top of the line wood all around. You won't get that for a core or even artist package price.

I'd suggest you do a broader search or contact on of the dealers on the forum here to inquire about helping you in your quest. I personally have worked with the guys at Brian's and they've come through every time. The might have even spec'd a wood library run of Tremontis at one point.

Yeah, I heard on this forum somewhere a couple weeks ago you can't get quilt tops right now unless you go private stock.

That sucks. I really want this guitar!
It is easy to see why. You aren't getting those inlays without going Private stock, so start saving.
More general availability of quilt shifts from time to time, but you can certainly watch for a used one to come up and send it to PTC for a refinish to get your colour.

I don't care about the inlays. I just want that top and color with a flamed neck. In a single cut!
That's would be a pretty unusual combo to come up even on the used market. Singlecut Trem with quilt top in a specific color, with flamed maple neck. I think you might want to forget about the specific color at this point, as even the rest of the choices in combination would be fairly rare. If you do come upon one, I would send it to PTC for a refinish in as close to the desired color as possible. Just MHO.

Kevin

So I went to my local dealer to order a new PRS. I gave them my specs I wanted. We agreed a Tremonti Artist package was the perfect guitar. I wanted one with a flamed maple neck, and crazy quilt top in Charcoal Cherry burst. Singlecut, Tremolo, locking tuners. I ordered it and left.

Got a call the next day that said the order was rejected. No Quilt top Artist packages.
Anybody know about this? Why cant you get a quilt top in Artist package?

So I figured I'd find a used guitar and have it refinished. I cant find anything like I want without spending 5k plus! Is this that rare of a guitar?

This is the look I want.

043dYZ0.jpg

Due to the lack of supply, Artist grade quilt is only available through Wood Library. Private Stock grade quilt, like the guitar shown above, is still available through Private Stock.

Back