Today is NSD

Steph

A brand new set of Ernie Ball Slinky 10s is going to be today's treat... Its been almost 2 months, way long enough...
Switched from D'addario's for something new. We'll see... :dontknow:

Tell us what is your preferred strings? (brand/ gauge)
And how often do you change them?

D'Addario .11-.52 change every few weeks, when they get dull. During lulls.

Change before every practice and show when out.

A brand new set of Ernie Ball Slinky 10s is going to be today's treat... Its been almost 2 months, way long enough...
Switched from D'addario's for something new. We'll see... :dontknow:

Tell us what is your preferred strings? (brand/ gauge)
And how often do you change them?

Anybody try the EB Cobalts yet? Impressions?

And, I currently use D'Addario 10s, which I normally change before each gig.

I've been using cobalts for a while now I love them. They feel a bit tacky and zing a lot. I stick to 10's as I'm a light touch player

I play nickel plated steel 11-48 or 49 depending on the brand. I used to be really picky about brands, but now it's about whatever is available. Most recently it's D'Addario, because I got a 10 pack for $30 on amazon with free shipping. I'll also play EB and Mangan's. The Mangan's are the best, but cash has been tight and they cost double the D'addarios.

I've been using Cobalts now for a few months. They do feel a little tacky as far as the overall feel and they bend smoother, but they seem to be much brighter and punchier than the D'addario's that I had been using for the past few years. Also, they seem to be lasting a lot longer before having to change them out. I really would recommend giving them a try sometime.

For the last few years I've been using DR strings... Pure Blues are my favorite, but they also make a 9.5 set of Tite Fits that feel great. Would also like to try the Cobalts...

10-46 on everybody...keeping it simple. took older swamps that came stock with 9s to 10s couple years back and noticed an immediate improvement...tone, action...love it

I've been been playing D'addarios .10's for a while. Change them whenever they start sounding dull. I do have a pack of Pyramid Classics sitting on my desk to go on next. Those are .11's. I guess these are for my LP. I've been using the stock strings on my SC58 and I love them!

Threads like this remind me that I really need to change strings more often. I'm boring I suppose, I usually go with D'Addario EXL110's.

I'm still tearing through my 24 sets of PRS strings that came with the welcome pack from my Siggy. Not bad, I generally use D'Addarios and these are comparable.

I have the cobalts on my SE Santana and I like them, but not for 3x the price.

D'addarios.!10s for normal tuning and 11s for Eb tuning or open G.Buy them in sets of 10.

I rock Elixir Nanoweb strings. I use their 10-46 and 11-49 sets. I change them when most of the coating has come off where my pick meets string.

I like the strings PRS sells, I was told they're pure nickel wraps. They last a long time (I hate changing strings!) and I like the feel. I use .010s.

My hands are pretty dry, so I can go a couple of months without having to change strings.

I rock Elixir Nanoweb strings. I use their 10-46 and 11-49 sets.

Yep!! 10's tuned standard and drop D on 2004 Custom, 11's tuned to drop B on the 2008 Custom. (22's)

I've been using the elixirs for years. I've tried every string out there and I think they sound and play the best. I actually don't like the coating much but that's the trade off for performance. I change strings about every two weeks.

Back