Strings, I'm sure It has been discussed.

JC_Broussard

Blues Interpreter
I've used Ernie Ball Super Slinky 10-46 my entire life it seems, decades to say the least. They sound great on my current strat also. I got my McCarty back in February which came with the PRS Signature 10-46's. They sounded great. Once I played the finish off of those, I went back with some D'Addario Chrome's in 11-50's. I hated the sound, they were mellow as I like. I just felt like they lost the string clarity, things got muddied up real fast.
So, I pulled them off after about two days. And I put my Ernie Balls on, since I buy them in bulk. I didn't like those on the McCarty though. My strat is single coil and honestly. I've never owned a guitar with humbuckers, but it seems to change the string dynamics. They were responsive, but after the PRS Sigs, and the D'Addario's. The Ernie Balls were too flimsy. LOL. I went back with the PRS Sigs, and they are just wonderful again.

Any of you guys still play on the PRS strings?

Nope - we've never discussed strings here before. In fact, we've convinced a couple people that strings were packing material designed to hold the bridge or saddles in place during shipping.

Wait...that's not true? No wonder my guitars are so quiet. You wouldn't believe the bends I can do with no strings though.

OK, I'll attempt a serious response. When I did the first string change on my SE HBIIP, I went from the factory PRS Sigs to my standard D'Addario XLs, and all was good. When I got my CU24 in January, of course, it came with PRS Sigs. I was digging them, so next change on the HBII, I went back to the PRS strings. I may be a convert.

Ernie Ball Regular Slinky all the way for me. While I like the sound and tone of the PRS strings, I don't care for how they feel. Any time I buy a brand new guitar, the PRS strings come off within about a week, and I switch to the Ernie Ball and feel right at home with them.

I've tried various brands of strings, as well, including different Ernie Ball strings (cobalt, for instance) and always come back to the standard nickel strings.

That's just me, though.

Elixir Optiwebs for me. If it's a new guitar, I enjoy the PRS Sig strings, and leave them on until first string change.
I think this is cheating because you just quoted your reply in another thread on the same topic from just three days ago. I think you're just copy/pasting to boost your post count.

Is this against the rules?

I may have to submit this to the judges for a ruling.

:D

Actually, it's ok if we have 2 threads on the same topic and in the same week, as long as one of them goes off track. So...

What picks are you guys using these days?

I think this is cheating because you just quoted your reply in another thread on the same topic from just three days ago. I think you're just copy/pasting to boost your post count.

Is this against the rules?

I may have to submit this to the judges for a ruling.

:D
What can I say, I'm a cheater!

Actually, it's ok if we have 2 threads on the same topic, as long as one of them goes off track. So...

What picks are you guys using these days?

05412966.jpg

41xrCaFpUBL._SS400_.jpg

stylist-hair-pick__37547.1635799400-600x600.jpg

Back