thread for spouses that feed GAS

gush

Where is that speedo pic

This is my wife Charla. She is a realtor and a very good one at that. She gave me this 2000 McCarty as a gift in 2004. She went to a lot of effort to figure out what I was wanting for my next guitar. She found it in San Diego and had her cousin go check it out. There was no special occasion or b-day or anniversary, she just gave it to me. I was blown away. She is my wife, she is awesome and I am very lucky.

Anybody else???

Wow, lucky man (for multiple reasons!). I'd never get a PRS bought for me.. Not even a packet of strings lol

Very nice.
I could get by quite nicely with just the guitars my wife has given me: SAS, archtop, Westy, HBII, an Artisan and a couple of nice acoustics. And an MDT 4x10 and a boogie Mark V to play them through.

Congrats!
I'm just as lucky...except that Mrs. Bebop has worse gas than I do. I'm the one asking her "Honey, do you really need another guitar?"...:dancing:

Last edited:
My wife helped me get a Charvel back in 1986 before we we married, and she told me to order the Gene Simmons Cort bass a couple years ago, but buy me a guitar and surprise me with it? Nope. Not gonna happen. When I've told her some of these stories, she's said, "That's cool, but I couldn't do that - I wouldn't know what to buy you. I'd rather you actually pick it out."

Which explains why I didn't get a surprise PS for our 25th anniversary, or my 50th birthday, or any other time.

Kate and I are getting a little old for glamorous photos, but here is a recent one of her holding a PRS.
kate2_zps32799873.jpg

And here is the Cu24AP she got me for Fathers day a year or so ago.
20140708_121918_zpsdf215aa7.jpg

Having a spouse that understands and supports your dream(s) is a critical part of a great marriage. I'm thankful that my wife falls into that category.

Several birthday's ago, she and Markie gave me a beautiful Vintage Sunburst 7-string PRS. And last year she bought me an R9 in the same color. Well... that is to say, I bought an R9 for myself and she forgave my debt to the "home account" as a birthday/Christmas gift. So I didn't have to sell a different guitar to cover it. Works for me!

Lots of very lucky guys here to have such generous, supportive (and good looking!) wives!

Just convinced myself that I shouldn't buy the dreadnought acoustic I found with fantastic tree of life abalone inlays, and abalone binding and soundhole rosette. Then my wife came in and said ' what a beautiful guitar, you should buy it'...............after I had picked myself up off the floor I did!
I am a lucky man.

I don't usually tell/show my Wife anything I get in the mail. Got a new Limited Run MC58 on Friday and still haven't told her as she's the vindictive type and MIGHT start doing research into all the toys I have to give to the Lawyer.

My wife is and has been totally supportive of my music career and very cool when I purchase music gear...She has picked out the color of each PRS Electric Guitar I own *We have been happily married for 17 years:proud:

Back