Das Boot

László

Too Many Notes
Not submarines, actually. That was just clickbait.

No my friends, I'm talking about boots instead of shoes kind of boots. :)

I just don't like plain old shoes very much. I like boots. So I have a few pairs of Chelsea boots for more dressy occasions, and some super-nice cowboy boots that could work just fine for any occasion, but my wife thinks they're goofy. I'm pretty sure she's right, but I like them anyway.

Yesterday as we were getting ready to go to a not-all-that-dressy couples shower we were co-hosting for my nephew at a restaurant, I started to pull out my cowboy boots. My wife said, "Not the cowboy boots!"

I replied that there are plenty of occasions where cowboy boots are a sweet choice.

"Sure," she said. "Rodeos."

[insert laugh track]

We're taking my kids out to dinner tonight. My plan is to get dressed WITH the cowboy boots before she notices.

This is not my first rodeo. ;)

Last edited:
My favorite foot coverings ever were my buffalo skin cowboy boots. Over the course of 15 years or so, I had them re-soled 7 times (some full, some partial) and walked literally many hundreds of miles in those boots and danced hundreds of hours in them. Still have them, but they look like they were pulled out of the trash and will never be wearable again, but I can not bring myself to "downsize" them quite yet!! PUT ON THE BOOTS László and haters be damned!!!

Edit: If any questions arise, tell the inquisitors that these are medical devices, after all if they make you feel good, that is good for your health, and you need that right now. So let them know that any doubts or negativity is a detriment to your medical condition and hopefully that will shut them up!

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

I'm aided and abetted by the fact that I recently lost a little weight, and the only pants I have that aren't too big are some black or khaki jeans that I bought too small and couldn't wear for a long time, but was too lazy to return.

However, it's kinda too soon to get new dressier pants, because I don't know yet how stable this weight situation is gonna be.

There have been times I've bought pants, and put some weight back on before the alterations were ready! That's kind of a depressing feeling. So I'm hedging my bets. ;)

I figure with jeans, the boots go well.

For the last 5 years of my career I wore dress cowboy boots with my suit to work. Of course in New Jersey everyone is expecting to adorn their feet with cowboy boots. Lol. I even wore them during jury trials. You know, just in case I had to kick my adversary’s as*. Lol

I am prettty flexible when it comes to footwear but I do like a good pair of boots. I prefer a moc toe or a chukka for every day to dressier stuff but if its for work, nothing beats my loggers from Nicks boots. Spendy, stiff as all get out when new but mine are 20+ years old and still hold up just fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement guys!

I'm aided and abetted by the fact that I recently lost a little weight, and the only pants I have that aren't too big are some black or khaki jeans that I bought too small and couldn't wear for a long time, but was too lazy to return.

However, it's kinda too soon to get new dressier pants, because I don't know yet how stable this weight situation is gonna be.

There have been times I've bought pants, and put some weight back on before the alterations were ready! That's kind of a depressing feeling. So I'm hedging my bets. ;)

I figure with jeans, the boots go well.

Boots and hat, done. Who needs pants?

Your wife will love it.

Not submarines, actually. That was just clickbait.

No my friends, I'm talking about boots instead of shoes kind of boots. :)

I just don't like plain old shoes very much. I like boots. So I have a few pairs of Chelsea boots for more dressy occasions, and some super-nice cowboy boots that could work just fine for any occasion, but my wife thinks they're goofy. I'm pretty sure she's right, but I like them anyway.

Yesterday as we were getting ready to go to a not-all-that-dressy couples shower we were co-hosting for my nephew at a restaurant, I started to pull out my cowboy boots. My wife said, "Not the cowboy boots!"

I replied that there are plenty of occasions where cowboy boots are a sweet choice.

"Sure," she said. "Rodeos."

[insert laugh track]

We're taking my kids out to dinner tonight. My plan is to get dressed WITH the cowboy boots before she notices.

This is not my first rodeo. ;)
Just get dressed first and be in the car waiting before she notices.

These went out to dinner. On the trail or in camp. No kids or ladies.

BPD38386.jpg

Back