The war has been won!!!!

I bought her big diamond to replace her engagement ring (we were poor 25 years ago), that way the last Strat wasn't so bad (I look at it like I have the most expensive CS Strat ever made!). I am at the point were I sell one to get one but I have plenty of guitars and all of them are spectacular examples.

My wife went to hospital on January 15th this year, issues with the our 4th pregnancy. Just before she went in I was allowed a CE 24 just around New Year's. When she was in hospital due to selling a couple of basses she let me buy a player's grade 91 Studio. That was on top of a MannMade bridge and 53/10's for the CU22 and 57/08 and 59/09 for the CE.

She had the baby 10 weeks premature on the 24th February, so between an understanding boss and a heavy workload, she always has a soft spot for my hobby and passion for the PRS's. Super busy with trips to the hospital but she gives me time to sit and play the gits.

My wife went to hospital on January 15th this year, issues with the our 4th pregnancy. Just before she went in I was allowed a CE 24 just around New Year's. When she was in hospital due to selling a couple of basses she let me buy a player's grade 91 Studio. That was on top of a MannMade bridge and 53/10's for the CU22 and 57/08 and 59/09 for the CE.

She had the baby 10 weeks premature on the 24th February, so between an understanding boss and a heavy workload, she always has a soft spot for my hobby and passion for the PRS's. Super busy with trips to the hospital but she gives me time to sit and play the gits.
Hope all's well for you mate .Sounds like you've got a diamond there.

I married a woman who sings professionally. We knew each other for 16 years before we dated. I've never gotten any grief about my GAS habit, which is really in the deep end of the GAS pool. Recently however, I was discussing the possibility of getting my first PRS. I only had a chance to try a satin S2 at a local store as there are no other higher end models around where I live.
I told her about the private stock guitars and the prices. I said to her that I would just probably buy a middle-of-the-road PRS for about 3-4K.

She said to me "If you want a private stock PRS, why not buy one now. If not now, then when do you plan to buy one?" She even helped me pick out the color!

We watch Evine Live and I love to shop with her for her jewelry, but she told me to save my money for the guitar. She said "I already have enough jewelry. I want you to get the guitar."

It pays to be good to the wifey!

We've been together for 20 years. We have a joint account for shared expenses such as bills, mortgage, travel, dining, and so on. Outside of such expenses our money doesn't touch. If I want something I buy it. Same goes for her. It works for us and it's what we prefer.

That's the way it should be. I knew a guy that got a stipend and had to ask to buy stuff while he was in the military!

I purchase what I want. If I can't afford it I wait.

I'm not married and I'm not thinking about it (yet), but I can relate to this
My wife have an inside joke of sorts (she loves the color purple) and she has pre-approved me buying a purple guitar.
If it's purple, it's nice ;)

However, I think I've got a pass for my first PRS, no matter what the color will be. Let's see how it will be with the next one...

I have to give major points to my wife. Yesterday was my birthday and when I got home from work there was a gift bag waiting for me. Now it obviously wasn't the core sc245 I've been looking for, but she did pick up an exotic ep boost pedal. (Also on my wish list) This is the first time she has purchased any guitar gear for me. She has finally come over to the dark side.:) I was like a kid trying it out in different positions of the chain.
As I'm reading the features of the pedal: "oooh it has dip switches"
My wife: "you're a dip switch":confused:

If I may bore you guys with my story, and I'm sticking to it !!!! Back when I was a bit younger, not committing to when, let's just say, it's been a while.
I mentioned to my beautiful wife of 40 years, there are two things I want to do, before I kick the bucket.
1. I want to buy a Harley
2. I want to buy a Guitar
Her immediate, and I mean immediate response, "If I see a Harley in the garage, there will be divorce papers for you to sign, the next day".
Now I took a few minutes to digest her comment, and I thought just for a minute, I could have my cake and eat it too !!!
I'll get right to the point, 11 PRS Guitars, several Amps and tons of other guitar related gear later. I don't have a Harley, but I'm still
married. Not sure if this means, I won the battle but lost the war, scenario. But I can honestly say, I keep a constant smile on my face
when I'm strumming and picking, even though I'm a beginner at best. Now I'm working on her letting me buy a newer Porsche.
I'm currently losing both, the battle and the war on this one. It might take awhile, but things take time !!!!

I'll get right to the point, 11 PRS Guitars, several Amps and tons of other guitar related gear later. I don't have a Harley, but I'm still
married. Not sure if this means, I won the battle but lost the war, scenario. But I can honestly say, I keep a constant smile on my face
when I'm strumming and picking, even though I'm a beginner at best.
You won.
Good luck with the Porsche.

Thanks Veinbuster, funny, when my wife and I met, I had a Porsche, sold it when we bought our first house and got married.
Ordered a new one in 1985 and still have it, but it needs work, so when I mentioned that I wanted to restore it, she said it would
cost as much to restore at it, as it would to buy another one, ok then, i'll buy another one. Luck may be on my side, time will tell !!!

Ok........I purchased a used custom 50 head and prs 1x12 cab, still no grief! !!!! It has charcoal flame front and she said " wow, that's really nice!"

I guess I should mention the fact that she wears a LOT of diamonds that I purchased for her..............is that cheating??????

@gush,
Nice topic to exchange experiences with our better halfes/team hotel commanders.
Long story short: I love my wife, because she let me enjoy my hobby, though we have a weekend relationship, due to the fact that I'm currently assigned to army concept development center, which is approximately 120 miles away from home and family.
We met in 1994, started soon our relationship, married in 2003. She moved around with every new assignment.
Guitarwise she attented several years to professional guitar school as a teenager, but quit because of an apprenticeship for hotel management. Her brother sold me his acoustic G100T amp in 1995 (I guess he wasn't aware of the worth of that vintage top.).
In 2011 she donated me the money that allowed me to buy my first (and only) PRS, she wasn't upset, that I spent much more money into my custom order Hollowbody in 2013.
Recently my wife told me via phone call that she grapped my nylon string guitar for strumming chords and practicing a tune she had noticed on YouTube. Last time she practiced was in 1996 I guess.
Again, I love her.
There is no war to be fight.

Back