The Unobtainable Dream.

You can attain it. Really. A little time, a bit of planning, just make it a goal.

What a bad attitude to have. I was a troubled and learning disabled kid growing up. On top of that, I came from a poor family. When high school rolled around I started to see the ads for PRS guitars in the various guitar mags. It was then that I made it a goal to own a PRS guitar someday. That was further cemented when the Carlos/Rob Thomas song Smooth hit the airwaves and Carlos beautiful PRS guitars were all over TV. Fast forward 2 decades and I've owned several PRS and will own more as time goes. If you look back 20 years, you'd think I'd be the last guy on the planet who would own an expensive guitar. However, I set goals and worked really hard for a long time to get my PRS and other things. Nothing is impossible.

I started playing PRS in'96. I had PS dreams as soon as I heard it existed. Colors, mild specs, etc. I also believed there was no way, ever. But, almost 20 years down the road, I just walked outta The Vault yesterday with my woods picked out. It is possible,

After almost 3 years here and 396 posts you should know what is coming when you say "unobtainable" in front of this group of enablers.

i never thought I'd make a trip to the vault but Brian worked with me to make it happen. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Matthew 13:45,46 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it."

As has been said, it isn't the price, it's your commitment to your "dream".

Come on lighten up a bit guys. I am sure it is the same common lust for these things we all share that tabl10 is eluding to. Also probably safe to say this one is in all likelyhood spoken for. It is exactly what I want for sure. The timing is not right so it is unobtainable for me also right now. In fact it is so what I want that should I get in the position to pull the trigger, I will be wanting this when ordering and comparing whatever arrives with this beautiful thing making it even more unobtainable. This featured guitar is an example of exemplary standards. The very, very high ones that PRS sets for itself that we all so well know. This particular example, to me seems to be perhaps even more than that and I never even played it and never will. Again, unobtainable. I will get one someday, but now I am forever ruined as this appears to be "the one" to me anyway for me and right now I cannot get it. No worries, that is the way it rolls. I think that is all Tab is saying. Sorry Tab if I am speaking out of turn. Hence, on to the pursuit of what ails us all. More PRS'. Hail PRS! That guitar is all that! Giddy Up!

Thanks. The last time Paul was in town, he had a Cocobolo Tonare that was expensive. He offered it to me for a third of the total because the headstock was broken during transport(it was repaired with superglue).

That guitar was twice the cost of my TG Brazilian and I'm sure this all Brazilian PS offering is at least a third dearer, if not more.

Last edited:
That guitar was twice the cost of my TG Brazilian and I'm sure this all Brazilian PS offering is at least a third dearer, if not more.

The last time I thought a guitar might cost quite a bit more than I wanted to pay I asked for a price. It was below the low end of my expectations. You can't really declare it unobtainable without knowing.

The last time I thought a guitar might cost quite a bit more than I wanted to pay I asked for a price. It was below the low end of my expectations. You can't really declare it unobtainable without knowing.

How much do you think it goes for?

Stay away from JFB! I was hesitant about buying one and ready to do a 2nd before leaving The Vault. I don't know what Brian is paying him, but he'll have you building a double neck acoustic before you're done. :laugh:

Man, looking at those pics, all I can say is: If this company ever learns how to really go all out and take things to the limit then they'll be doing something! Amazing instrument...

Goldtop Lloyd

Back