The PRS Fiore

Why in the world do they call it a "single, single, hum" (SSH)? Position 1 is hum, and always start with position 1, should be properly called HSS, why start with position 3 (or 5) for naming?

SSH someone might hear you and you remember how all the haters came out of the shadows when they released the Silver Sky!

Same here. HSS was the first thing out of my lips.

Slytherin?!:p

Saw some actually in stock today online. Really wanna see/play one in person. Maybe not my next guitar, but has my interest for sure.

SSH someone might hear you and you remember how all the haters came out of the shadows when they released the Silver Sky!

Slytherin?!:p

Some of those haters are still here, and I happen to know one... LOL

But in all fairness it has less to do with the SS being a strat style guitar than anything. It's actually one of the reasons I though I'd like it.

Last edited:
I dig this guitar. A lot, actually. While I'm not too sure why they went with a different trem system (it is a head-scratcher for me), the rest of the guitar is very much in tune with 'where I am' as a player. I'm looking forward to trying one out for myself.

LINK to official page.

How long before these get an FR bridge and locking nut for the full-blow super-strat vibe? Surely I'm not the only one who can see a lot of similarity with the EVH Proto.

fiore_2021_straight1.png

fiore_2020_photo2.jpg

fiore_2020_photo4.jpg

fiore_2020_photo1.jpg

I think the guys in Iron Maiden ought to take this guitar out for a test drive.

Why do you all think they haven’t done a real intro video with Bryan Ewald? I dig the one they did but it didn’t go into the whole tonal spectrum available on the guitar, his interview with Sweetwater did a much better job. Also the Fiore neck carve and fret size are not yet defined. Waiting patiently and have my finger on the buy-it-now button pending answers.

Why do you all think they haven’t done a real intro video with Bryan Ewald? I dig the one they did but it didn’t go into the whole tonal spectrum available on the guitar, his interview with Sweetwater did a much better job. Also the Fiore neck carve and fret size are not yet defined. Waiting patiently and have my finger on the buy-it-now button pending answers.
Ditto!

Maybe so many people judged the Silver Sky neck before touching it they have shied away from revealing the specs until after it has established a reputation as a good playing guitar.

Maybe so many people judged the Silver Sky neck before touching it they have shied away from revealing the specs until after it has established a reputation as a good playing guitar.

The SS specs were easy for some to shy away from on paper. A 7.25 radius is enough to discount it in the age of flat boards and compound radius then add chunky. I know it's the online age and Covid put more of a wrinkle in things, but I couldn't be one of those people that buys or dismisses a guitar from reading on line. I don't need to play the exact guitar, but I'm going to seek out the model or similar even if I have to take a mini road trip. Cheap guitars are one thing but a PRS is another.

At least the Fore has a radius that more people can associate easier with of 10".

Brin
I dig this guitar. A lot, actually. While I'm not too sure why they went with a different trem system (it is a head-scratcher for me), the rest of the guitar is very much in tune with 'where I am' as a player. I'm looking forward to trying one out for myself.

LINK to official page.

How long before these get an FR bridge and locking nut for the full-blow super-strat vibe? Surely I'm not the only one who can see a lot of similarity with the EVH Proto.

fiore_2021_straight1.png

fiore_2020_photo2.jpg

fiore_2020_photo4.jpg

fiore_2020_photo1.jpg

Brings back find memories of an old Kramer I had in the late 80's. Needs a Kahler, though. LOL

I hope this model does well for PRS, it's long overdue IMHO.

I would argue in the other direction that not as many people will take a flyer on a sight unseen purchase without knowing the full spec. I trust PRS implicitly to make a killer playing and constructed guitar but won’t buy without knowing basic details that can affect the feel of it.

Some really nice playing from ML.

That’s a really versatile guitar.

If they don’t fly off the shelves, then there’s something seriously wrong!

I have to agree, seems very versatile. Also, he really helps sell it, seems like a genuinely cool guy. At first it didn't do much for me but the more I see it an watch videos like this it reels me in. I've been really wanting a maple neck PRS too... Creeping on up

I hope it does well.

I’ll pick up a used one, if...it has a 10” radius and a pattern-ish fretboard. I don’t like the 71/4 radius fretboard, and I never will. Back in the mid 70’s, I put a Gibson humbucker in my strat, in the bridge position, ( using a router...I worked on sailboats, so I knew my way around power tools ) and had the neck professionally re-radiused to 12”, and had bass frets installed, by Manny’s music in NY city. I used that guitar for the next 24 years, then bought my first PRS..and have been using them ever since.

Yep...cool video...and my total "Damn, I'm a nerd" moment...noticing the 3 screws that hold the electronics cavity cover are not in the corners...like "normal"???
Killer axe...A white one would look nice in my basement!!!

Back