The PRS Fiore

Because it sounds like an intern wrote the description for the guitar?! In addition to this, there's: "The Fiore model features a 5-way blade switch with traditional wiring (bridge/bridge + middle/middle/middle + neck/neck)." What does that mean?
It means there are five positions:
bridge
/bridge + middle
/middle
/middle + neck
/neck

i.e. standard Strat combos.

bridge
/bridge + middle
/middle
/middle + neck
/neck

True, position 1 humbucker, through to position 5 neck single. But the website listed the pup configuration as "Single, single, hum" (SSH), which would be a neck humbucker, when it should be listed as "Hum, single, single" (HSS), which is bridge humbucker.

I like the longer 25.5 scale, HSS (not SSH lol), and the maple neck with hollow birds but other than that it's a pass for me regardless of how good it may sound. I don't really care for the name much, but I do like the backstory on how it got it and his mom drew the truss rod cover. That's pretty cool.

I wonder what the push pull do? Guessing more than likely one splits the humbucker. Maybe the second one engages the humbucker or neck to allow for all three pickups?

Funny, at first I really didn't like the way it looks at all. There's a few things going on that are a pet peeve of mine, but the more I look at it's growing on me. Maybe flower was appropriate?

Though Mark Lettieri is a great, unique and underrated guitarist and musician I'm predicting that this model will go the way of the Johnny Hiland and Brent Mason models.

I'm gonna quibble and say the Fiore lands better on today's market than those two models did. I think it'll be more successful.

Assuming they are black. I once opened an Ibanez this way and found two red bobbins. I guess they had extra red bobbbins laying around.

Hmmm.... red bobbins don't just lay around. Black bobbins do. But red? Somebody made a point of making red bobbins.

The question of why the red bobbins got buried and hidden might be very interesting indeed...

I dig it. I’m not even into super S guitars but I could kinda see buying one of these for the bones of it alone. An ash body, maple neck, HSS...

it’s something that’s not in arsenal currently.

Debating the aesthetics and parts is kind of moot- it’s Mark’s sig guitar so it’s what he wants the guitar to be. Would I rather have the normal PRS trem? Sure, but not my sig guitar. I mean, I’d rather it be a CE body because I prefer that shape, but this is his guitar and he came from Strat style guitars. The design makes sense for him and it’s something different in the PRS lineup.

The guy is a fantastic player and deserves what he wants. I highly recommend checking out his album Spark and Echo. It’s great. Snarky Puppy is very cool too.

Something else of note that appeals to me is direct body mounted pickups. Lots of people not liking no pickguard but PRS hasn’t done this with standard size pickups to my knowledge. It’s always been proprietary like the 305, 509, 513. So this adds another thing missing from the lineup that is a different sound.

Something else of note that appeals to me is direct body mounted pickups. Lots of people not liking no pickguard but PRS hasn’t done this with standard size pickups to my knowledge. It’s always been proprietary like the 305, 509, 513. So this adds another thing missing from the lineup that is a different sound.

I really like the guard-less look, and the body has a sleekness to it that's enhanced by the upper horn cutaway IMHO.

Also a perverse inner voice in my head looks at the two screws that the bridge mounts on and wonders "retrofit Floyd...?" Though to be fair I think Hans thought of that before me.

I think it looks better in the video than in the pictures.

It looks interesting. These warmed over strats are very popular at the moment (I don't think they are classic "super strats") as popularized by the ibanez AZ line.
I think a lot will come down to the pricing

I dig this guitar. A lot, actually. While I'm not too sure why they went with a different trem system (it is a head-scratcher for me), the rest of the guitar is very much in tune with 'where I am' as a player. I'm looking forward to trying one out for myself.

LINK to official page.

How long before these get an FR bridge and locking nut for the full-blow super-strat vibe? Surely I'm not the only one who can see a lot of similarity with the EVH Proto.

fiore_2021_straight1.png

fiore_2020_photo2.jpg

fiore_2020_photo4.jpg

fiore_2020_photo1.jpg
Right??!!

bridge
/bridge + middle
/middle
/middle + neck
/neck

Ah thanks. I’ve played a Strat for decades and I know it’s positions, but my eyes would not let me decode that the way it was written. So now the push/pull still remains a guessing game.

OH.... Well there ya go bringing actual facts to the party... I will argue that was an 80's thing regardless of its actual release date.

TBH I'd swear I played that in my college cover band in 1988, but maybe that was "Talk Dirty To Me."
They started recording the album in ‘89, so I think it is fair to associate it with the’80s.

Huge Letterei listener, though don't especially dig the solid red color. The design works, and am sure that this might be a contender for the F-design market. The reason PRS likely kept it to a solid color was to keep the pricepoint comparable.

Might consider one if it showed up used and in excellent condition. Still trying to apply the one-in-one-out rule. This would be the exception.

Huge Letterei listener, though don't especially dig the solid red color. The design works, and am sure that this might be a contender for the F-design market. The reason PRS likely kept it to a solid color was to keep the pricepoint comparable.

Might consider one if it showed up used and in excellent condition. Still trying to apply the one-in-one-out rule. This would be the exception.
Isn’t the red transparent? You can see the ash grain through it.

Ya know what color would’ve made me all worked up? White wash! Translucent white over ash is sweet. Thinking someone will slap a Floyd on one of these pretty quickly.

I dig the non fine tuner locking Floyd like on the Guthrie Govan models, with the right nut and setup those look to be the deal unless your a Vai type strangler.

Back