The PRS Fiore

I've often wondered if removing screws from the standard PRS trem would cause issues. I know how the screw notches work...I would think getting a couple of them out of there would reduce friction.

I would question if the two remaining were engineered to share the load of the tension themselves. Sounds good but in practical terms I wouldn’t chance snapping one unless I had a couple spares on Hand.

I saw that also. Not sure why the price point is above the Silver Sky (which looks like they may have upped it about $50), I thought they would be the same. I know back routing is typically slightly more expensive, but I can not imagine any of the other hardware costs more. $200 more seems a bit much.

That seems a tad on the high side for me as well, not excessive, but I was thinking around Silver Sky prices too. Shoot, you can still get a CE for two grand.

That seems a tad on the high side for me as well, not excessive, but I was thinking around Silver Sky prices too. Shoot, you can still get a CE for two grand.
I would think the CE24 would cost the same amount to make (maybe more) as either the Silver Sky or the Fiore. The CE24 Semi Hollow is the same price point as the Silver Sky, and I would think a back routed semi hollow with a mild archtop would actually cost more to make then a flat top S-type.

Maybe it is the price of Swamp Ash?

I saw that also. Not sure why the price point is above the Silver Sky (which looks like they may have upped it about $50), I thought they would be the same. I know back routing is typically slightly more expensive, but I can not imagine any of the other hardware costs more. $200 more seems a bit much.

I agree I think it's too high as well. Especially considering a strat Ultra is $2k and AmPro II is $1500. Although Fender is phasing out Ash. At that price point I can't see it luring a whole lot of strat guys over if that's one of their goals. The CE is high on my wish list and have been taking my time with the hunt for the right one. I would much rather have that.

I agree I think it's too high as well. Especially considering a strat Ultra is $2k and AmPro II is $1500. Although Fender is phasing out Ash. At that price point I can't see it luring a whole lot of strat guys over if that's one of their goals. The CE is high on my wish list and have been taking my time with the hunt for the right one. I would much rather have that.

Ditto on the CE. You can get amazing deals on the used market, and generally they are in great shape. I can't think of anyone who would look at a CE as a beater guitar. Daves Guitar Shop had one come through the other week for around $1300.

Ditto on the CE. You can get amazing deals on the used market, and generally they are in great shape. I can't think of anyone who would look at a CE as a beater guitar. Daves Guitar Shop had one come through the other week for around $1300.

I couldn't agree more! I've come across quite a few that are a solid guitar for more than a fair price. Some as low as $1k! My biggest decision to make is current or older model. I flip flop back n forth between the pros and cons of each. The right one will come along.at the right time. I'm not in a hurry.

I couldn't agree more! I've come across quite a few that are a solid guitar for more than a fair price. Some as low as $1k! My biggest decision to make is current or older model. I flip flop back n forth between the pros and cons of each. The right one will come along.at the right time. I'm not in a hurry.

Can we just turn this into a CE appreciation thread? You know, as much as I like the Fiore (just not into 80's esque HSS superstrats) the CE is like the old faithful model. Still chuggin all this time later. Shoot, Alex Lifeson left behind the Hentor HSS stuff and went to CE's, and IMO his best tone was with those CE's.

Can we just turn this into a CE appreciation thread? You know, as much as I like the Fiore (just not into 80's esque HSS superstrats) the CE is like the old faithful model. Still chuggin all this time later. Shoot, Alex Lifeson left behind the Hentor HSS stuff and went to CE's, and IMO his best tone was with those CE's.

I’m a big CE fan too. Not sure I really like this model, maybe it’s the pale maple neck that looks out of place. I didn’t know who Mark was , looked him up. accomplished dude for sure. I’ll have to add Snarky Puppy to my Spotify menu. I’ve heard of them, never listened to them. Something about the band name disinterested me, dumb reason I know.

So what’s the over under on how long it takes to find out more about the neck carve and what frets are on this. I really like this one and need to know more. Wonder if Bryan Ewald has one yet for a video review, hope that Marks isn’t the only official video.

Is it just me or is the volume knob insanely close to the strings? I feel like I would constantly hit it while strumming aggressively (maybe it is not that kind of guitar or I am sloppy?)

Has anyone modified a silver sky to accept a humbucker yet?

Is it just me or is the volume knob insanely close to the strings? I feel like I would constantly hit it while strumming aggressively (maybe it is not that kind of guitar or I am sloppy?)

It appears to me the volume knob is in the same position as it is on the Silver Sky, and therefore most strats.

And yep, I'm pretty sure I've seen photos of one or more Silver Skys (Skies?) with a bridge HB.

It appears to me the volume knob is in the same position as it is on the Silver Sky, and therefore most strats.

And yep, I'm pretty sure I've seen photos of one or more Silver Skys (Skies?) with a bridge HB.

The controls MAY be a few degrees different on angle, but I think it's more to do with the style of knobs and no pickguard than anything else. I thought the same when I first looked at it but comparing to my strats I think it's damn close.

Back