NGD: A Fiore!

Thanks guys, for all of your comments.

Here are some photos!

As I was looking into this color (black iris), I was intrigued to learn that it has this subtle reddish or "purple-ish" hue to it in brighter light. Otherwise, it simply looks black under normal indoor lighting.

Headset and Daniel Elam: Having played these strings now, I think I'm convinced. I've ordered a few sets and want to try them on my other guitars now.

ViperDoc: I'm not sure but I'm curious myself. I haven't had a chance to crack it open yet and take a look, but I think it will be staying in this one.

And thanks for your thoughts, JasonE. I know how I am, and I can spend hours going down a rabbit hole adjusting pickups and capacitor and/or potentiometer values. It's good to know that this one comes in right on the mark where I like it (at least for now)!

shinksma: I have not had the chance to try the Silver Sky yet, but in listening to endless videos of the SS, the SS SE, and the SS compared with the Fiore, the Fiore was consistently the one that would catch my ear. Also: In sound comparisons between the SS and the SS SE, I have tended to prefer the SE. I have also become an H-S-S player over the years, so the Fiore fit the bill for me in that way, as well.

gemynye: I'm already imagining myself getting a second one!

Over the past 24 hours, the recurring question that I've been asking myself is: Could it really be this good? I think it is.

LOVE how purple yours looks !!!! , I should get mine out in the sun , I have always wished it was more purple !!!
I have grown to like mine More and More over time , I did change the nut to a PRS Pat Regular net and changed to phase 3 tuners chasing a tuning issue I believe caused by a nut that was messed with by the previous owner , I also added a Mann Made Glimore trem arm.
It's a great guitar that reward you the harder you play it .

Fiore - 2 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/

Yeah, I'm really liking the color. It's very subtle indoors, but easily seen in outdoor light.

It strikes me as a blank slate type of guitar, which responds dynamically according to whatever I want to play with it.

I love my Fiore! I have my stock red one. Then a heavily modded white one which makes it not quite a Fiore any more but I had a vision which I accomplished. The sound combinations are fantastic!! I prefer my Stringjoy strings, but we all have our tastes.
What did you do to the white one?

I happened to be in Milwaukee for a wedding last week. I drove by Dave’s, slammed on my brakes, and went in. When I got through the door, I was greeted by a beautiful blue fiore. Of course , the salesman saw the glazed look in my eyes and immediately handed it to me. The neck was extraordinary. My partner diverted my attention by buying me a Dave’s T-shirt. She knew if I plugged it in, it would have been shipped home. I know I have enough already, but temptation is strong and my wallet said yes. All I can add is that these are underrated guitars. Play one if you have a chance.

Last edited:
I happened to be in Milwaukee for a wedding last week. I drove by Dave’s, slammed on my brakes, and went in. When I got through the door, I was greeted by a beautiful blue fior. Of course , the salesman saw the glazed look in my eyes and immediately handed it to me. The neck was extraordinary. My partner diverted my attention by buying me a Dave’s T-shirt. She knew if I plugged it in, it would have been shipped home. I know I have enough already, but temptation is strong and my wallet said yes. All I can add is that these are underrated guitars. Play one if you have a chance.
Never fall for the T-shirt ruse! :p:D

I appreciate it, Alnus Rubra.

As I'm approaching a month with it, it's still here, and I've really been enjoying it.

I took the full plunge and removed the treble bleed circuit, slightly re-crowned and polished the frets up to a mirror shine, set it up with .011" strings (PRS Signatures), and it's still giving me (good) things I've not gotten from other S-style guitars before. One interesting thing I've found is that it seems to want less neck relief than I usually go for, but this has not gotten in the way of playablity for me. I also blocked the trem, and this gets it closer to where I usually like my "Strats" tone- and feel-wise.

Back