The PRS Fiore

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I dig this guitar. A lot, actually. While I'm not too sure why they went with a different trem system (it is a head-scratcher for me), the rest of the guitar is very much in tune with 'where I am' as a player. I'm looking forward to trying one out for myself.

LINK to official page.

How long before these get an FR bridge and locking nut for the full-blow super-strat vibe? Surely I'm not the only one who can see a lot of similarity with the EVH Proto.

fiore_2021_straight1.png

fiore_2020_photo2.jpg

fiore_2020_photo4.jpg

fiore_2020_photo1.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely interested. Not that I don’t like Mark’s video, but I want to see a proper Ewald demo. Also curious about the carve, frets, radius, what the push/pull tone pots do.

I love a 25.5 scale length though, and this looks like it’ll sit next to my silver sky nicely. Also wonder if the tuners would fit the silver sky. I’d definitely swap them if I had both.

I don’t feel great about the use of Swamp Ash, given that other companies have recognized that it’s not sustainable.

I'm sorry but I am a big NO here. Yes, great we have a NEW guitar choice but there are many things that do not work for me.

Scale length - prefer 25"
Trem system - why mess with something so good
Tuners - this may be a non issue
Controls look very tightly spaced - like on my P24 trem difficult to make quick changes in a live situation
Colors - just OK,

this is what I was hoping would be a new Silver Sky option - love trans red ash with a maple neck.

I dig this guitar. A lot, actually. While I'm not too sure why they went with a different trem system (it is a head-scratcher for me), the rest of the guitar is very much in tune with 'where I am' as a player. I'm looking forward to trying one out for myself.

LINK to official page.

How long before these get an FR bridge and locking nut for the full-blow super-strat vibe? Surely I'm not the only one who can see a lot of similarity with the EVH Proto.

fiore_2021_straight1.png

fiore_2020_photo2.jpg

fiore_2020_photo4.jpg

fiore_2020_photo1.jpg
Great timing! I've noticed an itch coming on for something Super S like for the past couple of weeks. I've even looked at things like the Jiva X, and Jake E Lee's sig model. Looks like this will be scratching that itch!

Mark did say that the two post trem was something he wasn't willing to move away from. I'd prefer the tried and true PRS trem, but we'll see how this works out.

We all know that the '80s have had their resurgence in the guitar world. (Well, let's hope it just stays to the guitars themselves, and not the outlandishly-stupid rock music. I'm talking to you, "Unskinny Bop" Poison!) It's not surprising that most manufacturers are jumping on this bandwagon, although I wouldn't have expected PRS to jump on, as well.

At least there was some genius in separating out the "bolt-on" line of products away from the "core" models, in that the core models can still be presented front & center as modern-premium without being polluted (I don't intend the negative connotation of "polluted," but I'm talking about it being markedly less modern-premium from a design concept) with an '80s throwback.

Edit: OK, okay... don't flame me. I see now that it's a Mark Lettieri signature model, so I guess let it be what the artist wants. (I see the signature models as less of an outright manufacturer's-vision product, and more of a, "hey we built this guy/gal exactly what he/she wanted" kind of thing.)

I still have the question, though--if it's based off the JM SS body (it is... isn't it?) then why not go ahead and use the reversed SS headstock, too? That would've been a cool little detail to keep on there.

Last edited:
This guitar really wowed me when they showed it. I found both the Amaryllis and Sugar Moon beautiful. I'm really interested to hear how it sounds with high gain and see how versatile it is.

Back