The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

I've seen a number of the videos. The sound Paul got at Andertons was excellent.
I know I could not bond with it due to the 7.25" radius. I used an early 70s Strat for 23 years and hated that tight radius. I only persevered that long because I loved the sound.

So will PRS be making a Tele?

I am anxiously waiting on my Horizon Silver Sky from Moore Music Guitars @Shawn@PRS. I ordered it the day they were announced. Don’t suppose you might know if it’s on the way yet?

It depends on how many people are in front of you. If you're high on your dealer's list, you should receive your guitar soon. If your dealer has several guitars to deliver to other customers before you, you probably won't see it for a few months.

Yeah yeah yeah. That’s all well and good. But why doesn’t the Silver Sky turn into its own hard shell case, or gig bag (based on my preference at any given time), when I tap the tremolo arm 6 times while complaining about its existence? Also, from what I can tell, it won’t search for the best prices on international flights for me. I mean, wtf?
EVERYONE knows that Drs, lawyers (investment bankers, oh my!) expect PRS guitars to be self maintaining personal assistants, in addition to, and above, musical instruments

We should add some additional technology to the future Silver Sky models. You know, kind of like those home speakers that can turn on the TV or order a pizza for you. I can just hear it now, "Alexa, play Gravity for me".

I've seen a number of the videos. The sound Paul got at Andertons was excellent.
I know I could not bond with it due to the 7.25" radius. I used an early 70s Strat for 23 years and hated that tight radius. I only persevered that long because I loved the sound.

So will PRS be making a Tele?

I typically like a flat radius as well, but I'm telling you, don't give up on this guitar because you THINK it won't work for you. Test drive one, I think you'll find it to be extremely playable even with the 7.25" radius.

What appeals to me most about the SS is that in clips it sounds so much like the guitars the guys in my first few bands played in the late 60s (I played keys in those bands), and like the guitars on so many records, that it’s almost freaky.

I’m not a Strat player at all, but I love that tone. Gonna have to talk to Jack soon.

I typically like a flat radius as well, but I'm telling you, don't give up on this guitar because you THINK it won't work for you. Test drive one, I think you'll find it to be extremely playable even with the 7.25" radius.

This^^^!!!

This can't be stated often enough...This is one of those "forget everything you think you know about it" instruments...
oLW9kSr.png

What appeals to me most about the SS is that in clips it sounds so much like the guitars the guys in my first few bands played in the late 60s (I played keys in those bands), and like the guitars on so many records, that it’s almost freaky.

I’m not a Strat player at all, but I love that tone. Gonna have to talk to Jack soon.
I’ll probably get one once supply meets demand in few months. I would definitely like to play one in a shop first and that would also give me time to save funds.

I’ve got a roadworn strat with 7.25” radius and vintage frets, I fight it all the time, higher action,and limited bends. NOT on the Silver Sky I played, comfortable action, almost too low, didn’t fret out, the neck and fretwork are perfection ! Folks, you gonna try this guitar, it’s not smoke and mirrors on these videos, that guitar sounds amazing and plays equal.

I’ve got a roadworn strat with 7.25” radius and vintage frets, I fight it all the time, higher action,and limited bends. NOT on the Silver Sky I played, comfortable action, almost too low, didn’t fret out, the neck and fretwork are perfection ! Folks, you gonna try this guitar, it’s not smoke and mirrors on these videos, that guitar sounds amazing and plays equal.

Exactly!

We should add some additional technology to the future Silver Sky models. You know, kind of like those home speakers that can turn on the TV or order a pizza for you. I can just hear it now, "Alexa, play Gravity for me".
That would be no! Keep it simple and sweet! Please!!

No autotuners or blue tooth, it doesn’t need it!

Surprised no one grabbed the red yet, that is a sexy color on the SS.

Agreed, the red (Horizon) is my favorite... I know the white and black are more "vintage looking", but with the "newness" (upgrades) of the SS, I think updating the colors to current colors was also the perfect idea (agree with Mayer on this one)... I love bursts and own 3, but if I get a SS, I would not want a burst even if they made one. Horizon for me. And I'm a sunburst/maple neck kind of guy.

@Shawn@PRS You are aware if the Silver Skies with the gig bags already started to ship to dealers or it still on the first 500 guitars with the HSC that still need to be processed first?

Agreed, the red (Horizon) is my favorite... I know the white and black are more "vintage looking", but with the "newness" (upgrades) of the SS, I think updating the colors to current colors was also the perfect idea (agree with Mayer on this one)... I love bursts and own 3, but if I get a SS, I would not want a burst even if they made one. Horizon for me. And I'm a sunburst/maple neck kind of guy.

It's my fave, too. It looks a lot like Candy Apple Red, used by Fender in the 60's.

Back