The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

We shipped the last of the cased guitars on Friday and now the Silver Sky will start shipping with the new gig bags.
As I read your post, this came to mind with guitars flying around (Harry Potter style) and Paul waving a magic wand!

Not at all wishing to belittle all the hard work that is done on “The Island”. Keep up the great work!:D

As I read your post, this came to mind with guitars flying around (Harry Potter style) and Paul waving a magic wand!

Not at all wishing to belittle all the hard work that is done on “The Island”. Keep up the great work!:D

I listened to that piece of music every morning before and after heart surgery to fire myself up and be a Viking over the whole thing. Nothing like a little inspiration!

Well I would definitely say the SS is a smashing success. They're selling for over MSRP on Ebay!

Since it is not a limited edition guitar, that's For the people who want it immediately instead of waiting and buying it at MSRP!

I typically like a flat radius as well, but I'm telling you, don't give up on this guitar because you THINK it won't work for you. Test drive one, I think you'll find it to be extremely playable even with the 7.25" radius.

Yea in my mind 7.25" and small frets don't work. I like minimally 9.5" or 10" with 6105 medium style frets. But I'm giving this a try for sure.

Yea in my mind 7.25" and small frets don't work. I like minimally 9.5" or 10" with 6105 medium style frets. But I'm giving this a try for sure.

What Shawn said. Moreover, listen to beerbatteredphish. He played the same one I ended up buying, and we passed it back and forth for a good while. He's far more knowledgeable about Strats than I am, and he kept saying, "It shouldn't do that." It did not fret out at all - we tried all over the neck to make that happen, and we couldn't do it. And we were getting a full step and a half (and I've gotten two steps at home) all over the neck.

In fairness, he had more of an issue w/the smaller frets than I did. In all honesty, I never paid attention to the fret size. There are two guitars I have where I notice the fret size. One is the DGT - sometimes I feel the frets on slides up or down the neck. The other is a Les Paul that has really low frets.

I like the red, too. My problem is that I also like the black, white, and silver. o_O

I'm not keen on the horn accent color on the black and silver. I like that the accent is darker on the red one. The white is darn nice, too.

For the record, I like DC3's too, Paul.

I've been eyeing the DC3 lately. With a little routing and a new pickguard, I'm certain it can be converted to this (image of regular DC3 stolen by me and abused in MS Paint):

0RcqoAv.jpg
0RcqoAv.jpg

What Shawn said. Moreover, listen to beerbatteredphish. He played the same one I ended up buying, and we passed it back and forth for a good while. He's far more knowledgeable about Strats than I am, and he kept saying, "It shouldn't do that." It did not fret out at all - we tried all over the neck to make that happen, and we couldn't do it. And we were getting a full step and a half (and I've gotten two steps at home) all over the neck.

In fairness, he had more of an issue w/the smaller frets than I did. In all honesty, I never paid attention to the fret size. There are two guitars I have where I notice the fret size. One is the DGT - sometimes I feel the frets on slides up or down the neck. The other is a Les Paul that has really low frets.

In my mind, I'm sure the small frets will bother me more than the radius. I'm hoping to buy a Strat-o-type guitar next year, so I'll keep an open mind and try one out once Righteous Guitars can keep them in stock.

Back