The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

I have finally joined the Silver Sky club!!

Dodgem Blue 2021 model. Love it!!

6802725_b42df4a57114b702c38fe1a579b26e81_t.jpg

i guarantee you it is the best “Strat” ever. I am saying that as an owner of really nice Vintage Strats 56.57.64.65.69

Thanks. Yeah, there's just something right about this guitar. I didn't gel with the original release when I tried one, but the subtle changes have made all the difference!! Can't wait to gig it on Monday!!

Thanks. Yeah, there's just something right about this guitar. I didn't gel with the original release when I tried one, but the subtle changes have made all the difference!! Can't wait to gig it on Monday!!
I hear ya….have played ALL live gigs with the SSky since acquiring it….I may opt for my 2013 CU 24 Experience Days Limited Edition on Sunday though, when I will be gigging again….dunno yet….I use my SSky into my King Snake which is serendipitous combo….along with my Strymon Time Line, Way Huge Camel Toe and a Morley Wah/Vol Mini….

GC had 48 month financing so........ I pulled the trigger on a Roxy Pink SS!

Can't wait for it to arrive.

Over the weekend I was in Pensacola and tried a Maple Neck Moc Sand Satin SS at Blue Angel Music Was NOT a fan of the satin finish, but I did dig the instrument.

I'm hoping the gloss finish and RW neck will be even better!

GC had 48 month financing so........ I pulled the trigger on a Roxy Pink SS!

Can't wait for it to arrive.

Over the weekend I was in Pensacola and tried a Maple Neck Moc Sand Satin SS at Blue Angel Music Was NOT a fan of the satin finish, but I did dig the instrument.

I'm hoping the gloss finish and RW neck will be even better!

Congratulations. We would all love to see a new guitar day thread with photos, when it arrives and when you can.

i guarantee you it is the best “Strat” ever. I am saying that as an owner of really nice Vintage Strats 56.57.64.65.69
I’ve never had the privilege of playing let alone owning a real vintage guitar (the Gibson from 1984 turned out to be fake) but they really got it right with the Silver Sky. I was considering adding a variable treble bleed circuit to it recently but after playing Cold Shot by SRV today and listening to the tones at the beginning the amount of treble bleed is absolutely spot on the way SRV’s guitar sounds so I’m going to leave well alone. The more I play my two the more I love playing them especially since changing my amp to one that really suits the strat style tones. PRS is a very clever chap.

Gigged my Silver Sky last night and I love it even more now. I've been a Strat guy for as long as I've played guitar and my number 1 for the last few years has been an American Original 60s that I upgraded to basically CS spec, and I thought that guitar sounded good, but man o man, this Silver Sky just blew me away. I was able to do the things I've tied, but failed, on my Strat and it just sounded like I hear in my head.

It's actually got me considering selling my Strat.... Not going to rush that though...

Am already eyeing up another PRS though.... S2 594 this time

I'm sure the current bridge is fine but do any of the existing MannMade bridges work/fit in the Silver Sky? I have some in my CE24s and I love them but can't find anything online given the newish nature of the Silver Sky.

I know at least one person that changed the saddles , I think the only real difference between the Gen 2 and get 3 is the slots in the plate I have wondered the same thing I think a Silver Sky with a one piece Mil-com bridge would rock :)
Hmm maybe the next time I change strings

I'm sure the current bridge is fine but do any of the existing MannMade bridges work/fit in the Silver Sky? I have some in my CE24s and I love them but can't find anything online given the newish nature of the Silver Sky.

Back