The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

If a dealer did a run of these Roxy Pink with maple necks I’d buy one instantly.

It’ll be a sad time for my bank account if PRS ever decides to open dealer special orders on Silver Sky’s, especially for non-metallic pastel colors. Not that I need a third one.

(I totally need a third one)

Quite excited, sold a bunch of my strats a few years ago. Only kept my Gilmour, which is great but a bit bright. I loved my EJs tone but the neck was too sticky. This one is a bit warmer and may stay in Eb, not sure. This is PRS#2 for me. Bought a gorgeous 35th Anniversary single piece 10 top with an aquamarine stain (looks like the ocean) that I absolutely love about a year ago.

Hi Gang,

Just saying "hello" since this is going to be my first post…

Oh, and after several years of going back & forth, I've finally pulled the trigger and placed an order for the SS; should be arriving within couple of days. It's the satin moc sand with that awesome maple board, if anyone's asking :)

Thanks!
Congrats, and we'd love some pics when she arrives!

Hi Gang,

Oh, and after several years of going back & forth, I've finally pulled the trigger and placed an order for the SS; should be arriving within couple of days. It's the satin moc sand with that awesome maple board, if anyone's asking :)

Thanks!

We need pics when it gets there. You know what they say...

"Pics, or it's a Hello Kitty Sitar"

And today's taboo question is "Is the neck pocket on the Silver Sky the exact same as on a Fender Stratocaster to the point where one could (theoretically of course) install a Fender neck onto a PRS body and a PRS neck onto a Fender body?" You know, like what if your Silver Sky was sitting too close to the fireplace and it fell over and the neck accidentally became firewood? Would you be able to buy an aftermarket Fender neck and install it onto the salvaged Silver Sky body? Asking for a friend.

And today's taboo question is "Is the neck pocket on the Silver Sky the exact same as on a Fender Stratocaster to the point where one could (theoretically of course) install a Fender neck onto a PRS body and a PRS neck onto a Fender body?" You know, like what if your Silver Sky was sitting too close to the fireplace and it fell over and the neck accidentally became firewood? Would you be able to buy an aftermarket Fender neck and install it onto the salvaged Silver Sky body? Asking for a friend.

That’s funny, my friend was just asking me if you could put the PRS neck on a Strat body. :D

Hi Gang,

Thanks!

Congratulations and welcome Michael.

Back