The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

I am hoping some maple board silver sky’s are setting on dealer tables come May.....A midnight rose one needs to come home with me I think, unless they want to do a maple board shell pink one.......

#Truth

I don't remember seeing SS on tables last Experience. Were they too new, or was I just blinded by all the Core goodness?

How come there is a video of a Nebula being unboxed from a new owner on YouTube? How did he get his so early? It’s been up a little while also.

#Truth

I don't remember seeing SS on tables last Experience. Were they too new, or was I just blinded by all the Core goodness?
I asked at Exp 2018, and basically, they were so far backlogged they weren't going to offer them for Experience 2018. Hopefully this year they will be a bit more ahead of the curve.

There were certainly a huge amount of Silver Skies (Skys?) in the process of being built at Exp 2018 - on the the factory tour/wander I saw dozens and dozens of necks and bodies.

I wonder, for over 2K why the silver sky doesn't come with a case? I don't understand.:(
I have to say it is odd compared to comparably priced instruments. It’s a nice soft case, actually. But I put it into a spare Strat case... seems proper, and safer. Nothing I lose sleep over, just agree a hard case is pretty normal above the $2K mark.

I wonder, for over 2K why the silver sky doesn't come with a case? I don't understand.:(
Discussed to death. Basically, if it came with a case, add $150 or so to the price. PRS determined the current price point and offering was the sweet spot.

If you want a case, go buy one for $200, and sell the gig bag for $50, and you come out even.

I usually carry to/from gigs in gig bags, so I'm OK with the stock offering. My PRS hardshell cases, especially the rectangular ones, gather dust in an upstairs hallway.

Discussed to death. Basically, if it came with a case, add $150 or so to the price. PRS determined the current price point and offering was the sweet spot.

If you want a case, go buy one for $200, and sell the gig bag for $50, and you come out even.

I usually carry to/from gigs in gig bags, so I'm OK with the stock offering. My PRS hardshell cases, especially the rectangular ones, gather dust in an upstairs hallway.

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn (and mods can delete this if I am), but there was a little more involved than that. The original plan was to include cases. You may recall that when the first images leaked, there was instant massive (also overblown, uninformed, etc.) outrage on the internet. Tons of traffic on the various guitar sites. At that point the gov't got involved and basically told PRS if this guitar wasn't sub-$2,500, they weren't sure the internet infrastructure could survive it. Thus the gig bag.

You’re gonna play “righty”!;)

Yup. My first guitar was an Ibanez strung up lefty in the late 80s, and I had that for a while. I first got a lefty US Strat a few years later, and swore I'd never play another righty.

I was in a local shop earlier this week (go Chuck Levins'!!) grabbing an Ox Box, and made the mistake of picking up a SS there. I think it was only 10 mins in before I gave up and admitted I was ordering a SS. 2 days later and Moore hooked me up on the pre-order list.

Yup. My first guitar was an Ibanez strung up lefty in the late 80s, and I had that for a while. I first got a lefty US Strat a few years later, and swore I'd never play another righty.

I was in a local shop earlier this week (go Chuck Levins'!!) grabbing an Ox Box, and made the mistake of picking up a SS there. I think it was only 10 mins in before I gave up and admitted I was ordering a SS. 2 days later and Moore hooked me up on the pre-order list.
Blame it on the Ox Box! That’s a good idea. I’m stealing it.

Back