The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

1fPl.gif

I bought the moc sand. Might regret it with new colors on the way, will post when it comes in Monday
Congrats! Cannot wait to see your Monday update, then. Myself, I've forgone all the colour options on focused on the flagship one - Tungsten. To me, the SS in that colour transcends the form of an instrument and becomes more of a symbol. I am in awe every time I glance at it. There, I said it :)

Congrats! Cannot wait to see your Monday update, then. Myself, I've forgone all the colour options on focused on the flagship one - Tungsten. To me, the SS in that colour transcends the form of an instrument and becomes more of a symbol. I am in awe every time I glance at it. There, I said it :)

Nice choice!

I went with horizon because that was the color Mayer used on one of his earliest SS videos. It was the first one I ever saw.

I was lucky and had a ticket to John's concert in Herning (Denmark) last Monday. What a sound!
He had a whole stash of Silver Skies sitting in their tour case, but he mostly played his Moc Sand Satin Nitro Prototype (or at least that's what it is believed to be). Only for "Slow Dancing" he used his 1964 Strat and for two songs we saw the maple fretboard prototype (which sounds a bit more mid-heavy and he used the middle pickup most of the time). One of them was "If I Ever Get Around to Living", where I hoped to see a Super Eagle... :rolleyes:

Fun fact: I was really impressed by his 1964 Strat, which sounded unbelievably good. And then it got just wiped away when he played his Silver Sky again on Gravity. For me it's unquestionable, the Silver Sky is "up there".

Stash (the one sitting on the stage is Isaiah Sharkey's):
HqVHz94.jpg

Maple Fretboard Prototype:
0D1hXRF.jpg

Just for you guys, here's a small bit of his Helpless Solo (iPhone recording, so unfortunately your pants aren't being blown off :D):

Hey all - sorry if this has already been posted.

Has anything been posted as to what the factory setup specs are for the Silver Sky?

I want to make sure that as the guitar ages or maybe shifts over time with the seasons, that I can keep it in adjustment exactly as it came from the factory. Does anyone have the specs they use to set up Silver Sky from the factory?

Here is some info for ye

Singlecoil Pickup Heights Specifications:

• With the high and low E strings depressed at the last fret. Measurement is taken from the bottom of the string, to the top of the pickup bobbin or cover.

• Neck Position Bass side: 4/32”
Neck Position Treble side: 2.5/32”

• Middle Position Bass side: 4/32”
Middle Position Treble side: 3.5/32”

• Bridge position Bass side: 4/32”
Bridge position Treble side: 2/32”

Back