The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Hi Gang,

I’d like to say hi to each & everyone of you as this is my first post on this wonderful forum. In addition, I also have a confession to make - I’m totally GASing for a Silver Sky. Recently, I’ve spent quite some time watching & listening to multitude of reviews and I’m in awe; this is the ultimate & complete player’s guitar and I can’t believe how well it sounds. What a sonic package!

I’m thinking of either going with the Tungsten, or the Orion Green one. Having said that, I feel that the whole finish palette is really cool.

As a side note, I’ve read about considerable wait times involved when ordering through official dealers. Since I’m unaware of the details, what are the ballpark turnaround times? Are we talking 6mo+?

Thanks!

Hi Gang,

I’d like to say hi to each & everyone of you as this is my first post on this wonderful forum. In addition, I also have a confession to make - I’m totally GASing for a Silver Sky. Recently, I’ve spent quite some time watching & listening to multitude of reviews and I’m in awe; this is the ultimate & complete player’s guitar and I can’t believe how well it sounds. What a sonic package!

I’m thinking of either going with the Tungsten, or the Orion Green one. Having said that, I feel that the whole finish palette is really cool.

As a side note, I’ve read about considerable wait times involved when ordering through official dealers. Since I’m unaware of the details, what are the ballpark turnaround times? Are we talking 6mo+?

Thanks!
Welcome Michal!
Great choice. Where abouts do you live? Can you try one out?
I bet you can find one ready to ship right away on Reverb.

The only reason to order is maybe if you are looking for a specific colour and don't want to purchase online. That could take time for your preferred retailer, assuming you were to order in store, to get the Silver Sky in the colour you requested. However, if you have no issue from looking online at reputable sellers, you could probably find numerous Silver Sky guitars for sale in a range of colours - maybe a bit easier to find the original colours as they have been around a bit longer.

Welcome Michal!
Great choice. Where abouts do you live? Can you try one out?
I bet you can find one ready to ship right away on Reverb.

Thank you, @dmatthews! Actually, I live in BC, but in the (almost forgotten) eastern perimeter of it - the East Kootenays. I wouldn't necessarily have to try one out before buying; I will need - however - to sell one of my axes that I have fallen out of love with, so to speak, before I proceed. We'll see what happens :)

The only reason to order is maybe if you are looking for a specific colour and don't want to purchase online. That could take time for your preferred retailer, assuming you were to order in store, to get the Silver Sky in the colour you requested. However, if you have no issue from looking online at reputable sellers, you could probably find numerous Silver Sky guitars for sale in a range of colours - maybe a bit easier to find the original colours as they have been around a bit longer.

Thank you for chiming in! You've nailed it, friend. The colours I'm interested in at reputable/trusted retailers (in Canada) are not readily available (be it online, or not). Above all, I do not mind waiting as I need to sell one of my axes before going forward.

Thanks, guys!

Thank you, @dmatthews! Actually, I live in BC, but in the (almost forgotten) eastern perimeter of it - the East Kootenays. I wouldn't necessarily have to try one out before buying; I will need - however - to sell one of my axes that I have fallen out of love with, so to speak, before I proceed. We'll see what happens :)

Thank you for chiming in! You've nailed it, friend. The colours I'm interested in at reputable/trusted retailers (in Canada) are not readily available (be it online, or not). Above all, I do not mind waiting as I need to sell one of my axes before going forward.

Thanks, guys!
Welcome from a fellow BC boy!
Perhaps a road trip to L&M Calgary is in order?

Hi Gang,

Thanks!

I picked one up a couple months ago. I went with horizon because it was available. It also happens to be the same color as the first SS I saw Meyer demo online.

There are no bad colors. I think John did a nice job picking them out.

I picked one up a couple months ago. I went with horizon because it was available. It also happens to be the same color as the first SS I saw Meyer demo online.

There are no bad colors. I think John did a nice job picking them out.
I will certainly consider it when the opportunity presents itself; at this point in the process, I am merely weighing my options. I'd like to think that - at this price point - I could have a say over the colour, but by no means do I intend to fret about it, oh no :)

Side note, the colour palette is absolutely stunning - I wholeheartedly agree!

Cheers!

You guys realize this is like asking Apple what new features will be available on the next iPhone, right?

lol date is good enough for me. Thank you for that Shawn. @Shawn@PRS

Leads me to believe Winter NAMM will probably be rolling something out. Thanks for doing what you can.

I noticed this blue floating around, maybe counterfeit?

dsc_3259.jpg

Back