The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Set up For Silver Sky tremolo bridge

The Silver Sky model utilizes a slightly different approach to the bridge set up. Here is some insight regarding the Silver Sky bridge adjustments.

• The back of the bridge should stay flush to the top of the guitar body, but the front edge of the bridge should kick up (as shown).

0bJMOtidjHRt1DMCYtzRCJluiI0h1TAiwtzZrrloymAeQoaDrZSOImaFtBVJcbaKhNlIYm7esROotmJbnGM6T1jQ3pVWk4nmWkKmbW4lhAffTib2ZYmXhVbXr-TASJAapA3ChupW

• Measuring from the top of the guitar to the bottom of the front edge of the tremolo. Adjust the six fulcrum screws as necessary until the measurement is 4/32" all the way across (as shown)

HoR-shLfg7WLCwSGifJdBd0i0jgGfwb1ahhld_hO0dB34LoTi26lmchsjjpozIWtS3Ffbo4IPnVF8DZV8_is7Kyuhva1t0R6AFmWe0O6OnNAC-vcqviKWHLItcLD-Ub_sCMVcSXY

Here is some info for ye

Singlecoil Pickup Heights Specifications:

• With the high and low E strings depressed at the last fret. Measurement is taken from the bottom of the string, to the top of the pickup bobbin or cover.

• Neck Position Bass side: 4/32”
Neck Position Treble side: 2.5/32”

• Middle Position Bass side: 4/32”
Middle Position Treble side: 3.5/32”

• Bridge position Bass side: 4/32”
Bridge position Treble side: 2/32”

Thanks! Do we have any information on neck relief, saddle height, etc?

I see this thread is tagged "silver sky pickguard static" but I can't find an answer without reading 2,600 posts... my silver sky came and the pickguard static is driving me crazy. It doesn't have anything to do with touching a screw. Your fingers just lightly brush the pickguard at all, and you hear static through the amp. None of my strats do this. Did PRS fix this issue? There's no dealer in my area. SO bummed.
You try different amps/cables/etc? I haven’t had that issue

Envy you guys! I've put deposit for a Dodgem blue Silver Sky since it was announced in January. till date still no news of delivery to Singapore.

Anybody notice a two-piece (scarf joint) construction to the neck/headstock area? Is this common on all SS guitars?

rmXTgI7.jpg

SwzZ9JA.jpg

l5kDojN.jpg

Very common!!! Its the same method on EVERY Silver Sky....

Its classed in the same category as the CE's - which seem to be now all classed as the Bolt-on range - which ALL have the 3 piece, scarf neck construction

Back