The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Ordered my Horizon Silver Sky from AmericanMusical yesterday at 3pm Central. I just received a communication that it has already delivered. 1 day free shipping

I’m guessing it isn’t the most popular color from reading about everyone waiting months for others colors, but I love it! I watched John play the Horizon color in Kansas City and was hooked.

Edit: Finally got home and was able to take it out. Love the color even more in person.

HHBa30W.jpg

Welcome to the forum (I am new myself). I very nearly picked that color. Very close second for my taste. I picked Frost having wished a white "strat" since I'm a teenager. I bet the Horizon is even nicer in real life. This is another iconic color for this type of guitars. If it hadn't been offered in the original four, people would have made a big deal of it.

Welcome to the forum (I am new myself). I very nearly picked that color. Very close second for my taste. I picked Frost having wished a white "strat" since I'm a teenager. I bet the Horizon is even nicer in real life. This is another iconic color for this type of guitars. If it hadn't been offered in the original four, people would have made a big deal of it.
Thank you for the welcome! Love the frost as well! In my youth, I pictured strats as all white too.

Not the best resolution but figured I'd throw a pic up of the rose colored Silver Sky he was rehearsing with at Crossroads. He played the (nitro finish I think) Moc Sand for all of his performances but used this color when rehearsing to play with Tom Misch. Was surprised he didn't get a full set at Crossroads but it was incredible regardless! Told Paul Reed Smith I'm saving up for a Silver Sky haha.

RoAYxRC.jpg

Just did a unfortunate durability test with my Silver Sky... The good thing is that it survived with no issues apparently. Drop it knee height (bit higher actually, was standing up) and landed with the headstock on the pedalboard (on the side of The Dane to be specific), then reach the floor with the body. Pretty noticeable dings on the headstock but no cracking. Use it a couple of hrs afterwards with nothing to report, still shocked, hope it keeps this way.

Excellent built quality, hands down.

Just did a unfortunate durability test with my Silver Sky... The good thing is that it survived with no issues apparently. Drop it knee height (bit higher actually, was standing up) and landed with the headstock on the pedalboard (on the side of The Dane to be specific), then reach the floor with the body. Pretty noticeable dings on the headstock but no cracking. Use it a couple of hrs afterwards with nothing to report, still shocked, hope it keeps this way.

Excellent built quality, hands down.
I feel your pain.
A few months ago I was packing up from practice at the studio.
Put the SS in the heavy duty gig bag, hoisted the UNZIPPED heavy duty gig bag onto my shoulder.
The SS slipped out and hit the wooden floor butt first, then the headstock bounced off the floor a couple of times.
I couldn't even look at it until I got home. Minor scratch on the butt behind the strap button. Can't even really see the hit on the headstock. I buffed out the scatches and you'd never know what a dumba$$ I am!
Built like a tank.

Not the best resolution but figured I'd throw a pic up of the rose colored Silver Sky he was rehearsing with at Crossroads. He played the (nitro finish I think) Moc Sand for all of his performances but used this color when rehearsing to play with Tom Misch. Was surprised he didn't get a full set at Crossroads but it was incredible regardless! Told Paul Reed Smith I'm saving up for a Silver Sky haha.

RoAYxRC.jpg
@Shawn@PRS any chance we get this color for winter namm or before?

First post here, and a pretty stupid one probably..

I bought a Silver Sky a couple of months ago, and it's now time to change the strings. I realised that I don't know what strings it comes with (i.e. what make), but I really, really like the stock ones. Anyone know what they are?

Thanks

I haven't seen anything moving through the factory, but I guess it's possible at some point.
Do you know if there were any plans to do that around namm? I was about to buy a frost but if these are available anytime soon I’d probably hold off and see what’s available .

Back