The Official "McCarty Singlecut" Love Thread!!

Congratulations!! I know you're going to love it!

FYI, though. While the McCarty SC Private Stock guitars DO have the 245 scale, this series of guitars is a different bird than an SC245 Private Stock, which is what I believe you are describing.

In either case, it is going to be a fantastic guitar!!!

Kevin

My SC McCarty PS from this series :

29066947466_63e2525c61_b.jpg

28994612972_7283b09fbd_b.jpg

28478300384_90be0f9d05_b.jpg

28492524203_d04f8ebde3_b.jpg

29111077045_c34775a490_b.jpg

28824280920_0d3a0c8374_b.jpg

28625241624_8b882ae119_b.jpg

Last edited:
Stunning. Just stunning!!!!!! Congratulations on your score!

BTW, this guitar IS a McCarty Singlecut Private Stock, and not an SC245.

Enjoy the heck out of it!
Kevin

Stunning. Just stunning!!!!!! Congratulations on your score!

BTW, this guitar IS a McCarty Singlecut Private Stock, and not an SC245.

Enjoy the heck out of it!
Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

I will don't worry, more pics to come.

I didn't know the private stocks didn't use the "SC245" in their model name. That's just the core models then that use that?

Thanks Kevin,

I will don't worry, more pics to come.

I didn't know the private stocks didn't use the "SC245" in their model name. That's just the core models then that use that?
Yes. SC245 is a core line, but you can also get a Private Stock 245. This particular guitar is part of a series known as the McCarty Singlecut. Amazing guitars. You are going to love it.

Kevin

Thanks guys, Great pics by the way that top looks awesome! I bet it sounds as good as it looks.

Here's a few shots from my dealers website I can't wait!

It's fantastic. Looking at this pic makes me want a second one. ;)

Anyone have any idea how many PS SC245 McCartys were made? All the ones I have seen seem to have been made in 2013/2014 with 2 variations, one with a matching maple headstock and one with a madagascar headstock. Both examples on this very page.

Hi guys,

Here you all go as promised some more pics of my McCarthy PS. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I took it out out of the case for the first time. It's very rare you find a guitar that looks good, sounds good and feels good to play. I couldn't be happier and I'm I glad I did the trade for my 2 other guitars I had.

I'm lucky to have owned various Les Paul's over the years and still own a few and they look and sound great, but my McCarthy definetly gives them a run for their money. The quality of the instrument is second to none and you can definitely see and feel that when you pick it up. The 57/08's sound fantatsic the clarity of the strings coming through my Boogie it just sounds awesome!

Enjoy guys!

Paul

Hi guys,

Here you all go as promised some more pics of my McCarthy PS. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I took it out out of the case for the first time. It's very rare you find a guitar that looks good, sounds good and feels good to play. I couldn't be happier and I'm I glad I did the trade for my 2 other guitars I had.

I'm lucky to have owned various Les Paul's over the years and still own a few and they look and sound great, but my McCarthy definetly gives them a run for their money. The quality of the instrument is second to none and you can definitely see and feel that when you pick it up. The 57/08's sound fantatsic the clarity of the strings coming through my Boogie it just sounds awesome!

Enjoy guys!

Paul

Beauty and congratz! I agree on all accounts!

Fantastic find, and beautiful guitar. Glad you love it!

BTW, it is McCarty rather than McCarthy. McCarty is the guitar guy. McCarthy was that communism guy..... :)

What kind of Boogie are you playing?

Kevin

Hi guys,

Enjoy guys!

Paul

Fantastic find, and beautiful guitar. Glad you love it!

BTW, it is McCarty rather than McCarthy. McCarty is the guitar guy. McCarthy was that communism guy..... :)

What kind of Boogie are you playing?

Kevin

Thanks guys,

I'm using the new JP-2C. Fantastic sounding amp, I don't play a lot of metal stuff anymore as I'm in a function band but it's so versatile you can use it for anything. Chan 1 has pristine clean sounds, chan 2 is really good for rhythm playing and Chan 3 just screams. I ended up selling my Mark v 90w head as the JP2C now does all I need.

Thanks guys,

I'm using the new JP-2C. Fantastic sounding amp, I don't play a lot of metal stuff anymore as I'm in a function band but it's so versatile you can use it for anything. Chan 1 has pristine clean sounds, chan 2 is really good for rhythm playing and Chan 3 just screams. I ended up selling my Mark v 90w head as the JP2C now does all I need.
Great amp!! I'm sure you're making glorious tones!!

Kevin

Back