The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

I had fun watching! Thanks for posting it.

I have one like yours, just in a different color, and needless to say, it’s wonderful. Congrats on being busy with your music career - that’s a hard thing to do, so my best wishes go out to you, sir!

I have played the 594 cursorily and it didn't leave much of an impression mostly because I was thinking of other guitars and getting used to the neck.

Tonight I went back and played stellar singlecut 594 and let me tell you once I "got it" I wanted to buy it on the spot. So killer. The pups are amazing. I'm thinking of ordering one. Would complement my R7 nicely.

These have thicker bodies than the sc245 ya?

That's a good question.

I know the SC245 was basically an LP body. Thick solid and heavy. Those guitars were the Tremonti model with different pickups.

I think McC's are thinner, aren't they??

I played the 594 again and it just friggin rips. I absolutely love those 58/15 pickups.

I think it's maybe slightly thicker than the 245, but not totally sure. Mine is quite light, which is nice to carry, but it lacks bottom.
The 594 is certainly built better. This may be one of the best PRS models ever, actually.

The SC594 do have thicker bodies than the SC58 and SC245. The doublecut versions have slightly thinner bodies from what I understand.

Nah. You don't want a trem. Damn things don't stay in tune at all
I showed up an ES335 guy Saturday night. He asked me if I wanted to borrow his tuner before I sat in with the Original Automatic Slim. I just grinned and said "it's a PRS, it'll be in tune". I pulled my S2 Studio out of the gig bag and plugged it in. Of course it was in tune. Love those PRS trems!

Gimme a Core SC594 trem and I’ll carve my name in it.
I forgot this thread was renamed from the McCarty DC594 to simply the McCarty 594. I’m with ya on the SC594T!

I wanted that scale length for this build, but ultimately chose the piezo over the extra 0.094” since PRS wanted an up charge for the CNC programming.

220-B16-C1-080-A-47-DD-ABBE-10-DC80359908.jpg

I forgot this thread was renamed from the McCarty DC594 to simply the McCarty 594. I’m with ya on the SC594T!

I wanted that scale length for this build, but ultimately chose the piezo over the extra 0.094” since PRS wanted an up charge for the CNC programming.

220-B16-C1-080-A-47-DD-ABBE-10-DC80359908.jpg

The thread wasn't renamed, it just was created before the Singlecut version came out, back where there was only ONE McCarty 594 model. Back in the good ol' days of MAPete's epic GAS attacks. Before all the newfangled single cutaway, semi-hollow, and P-90 madness!

The thread wasn't renamed, it just was created before the Singlecut version came out, back where there was only ONE McCarty 594 model. Back in the good ol' days of MAPete's epic GAS attacks. Before all the newfangled single cutaway, semi-hollow, and P-90 madness!
Somehow I thought the DC and SC threads were combined - hardly the first recall of the imaginary I’ve had! :)

Back