The lil Dragon won !

I can't stop staring at this treasure!

jfl4trt69gm1f73v4j2v.jpg
I shall forever think of this guitar as "Pimp Dragon - Westie of the Greywolf"! And if I ever own such a beast, it is going all black hardware!! I did the same to my Lava Pearl EBMM Stingray Bass ;~)

UPS says it will be here tommorow ! From what I've heard the pickups sound fine. The tech at Chicago measured 8k neck/14k bridge which is fairly hot .

A Lollar Imperial High wind is Neck 8.4K, Bridge 9.4K for comparison. The only thing I'd change ( and won't ) is a coil tap , and replacing the toggle with a blend knob ( I have this on my Jaros, love it ) . I can't wait to hear it through the Blue Sierra/DG30 rig ... look out neighbors it's Sound check

As far as it being my last guitar ... well for a while ... I still want a DGT for the Aerie .

PS I did my FIRST open mike last night! I was just going to do an original poetry reading between musicians, well that didn't happen .

My Friend and Mentor who runs it was a bit late, so I set up the sound . We added my Mesa Rosette as a eq'd powered monitor , as last week the guitar players couldn't hear themselves. It's has 2 discrete channels with seperate DI's to the board . Worked great ! Bill shows up , and there aren't any other performers yet ... the Cafe owner says , no worries you're late , but let's hear some sound .... I let Bill know I'd brought a guitar for later ... "GO grab it NOW , we'll jam ... OMG ... no warm up .. let's just step off the cliff and see.

Thankfully .... It went fine !! No time for stage fright , which has been crippling in the past . A few songs in , he said " keep playing , I'll be back in a few , ....and I'm solo for the next 10 minutes ... WHOA .. .wasn't expecting that ! I survived and nobody threw anything ! As the evening progressed I lent my guitars to several other guys who played but didn't bring one . The commaraderie was epic , the evening magic.

Last edited:
Carlos has been my guitar hero since before I started playing 57 years ago . I got a new 79 Les Paul Custom and Mesa Boogie as my first electric rig to get his tone. ( still have both)

So it's no surprise despite it being the last in my collection , it was the one I most wanted. I'd been trying to hold out for the Rosewood Retro , but I fell in love with the Westies when I first saw them . The natural finish ones are an almost duplicate of one I made for a local artist years ago .. same Sapele top .

I've seen a green one , and a black one .. yawn .. to me ... My current commision artist is very partial to RED and I saw this lil gem ... well the llil Dragon won my heart . I wrestled with the CFO and at 1:30 am this morning by the light of the Full Moon, I became a dragon rider ! I went to the vendor's site and it was listed for $125 under the 'verb , still free shipping .. .no brainer .

jfl4trt69gm1f73v4j2v.jpg
Nice.

Carlos has been my guitar hero since before I started playing 57 years ago . I got a new 79 Les Paul Custom and Mesa Boogie as my first electric rig to get his tone. ( still have both)

So it's no surprise despite it being the last in my collection , it was the one I most wanted. I'd been trying to hold out for the Rosewood Retro , but I fell in love with the Westies when I first saw them . The natural finish ones are an almost duplicate of one I made for a local artist years ago .. same Sapele top .

I've seen a green one , and a black one .. yawn .. to me ... My current commision artist is very partial to RED and I saw this lil gem ... well the llil Dragon won my heart . I wrestled with the CFO and at 1:30 am this morning by the light of the Full Moon, I became a dragon rider ! I went to the vendor's site and it was listed for $125 under the 'verb , still free shipping .. .no brainer .

jfl4trt69gm1f73v4j2v.jpg
Be still my heart❤️

I wonder if any of the Westie o philes know what the production mix was of each color .... Seems like Black and Emerald are fairly rare , then Cherry and the natural being the most prevalent ......one of those things retired engineers ponder.

Back