The Bargains

You must be joking, because I’m just a middle class guy who shouldn’t even have 4 PRS guitars.

Great instruments are necessities, not luxuries. You should have as many PRSes as you can get your hands on, even if that means depriving yourself and your family of food, gasoline, and bug juice.

Because that’s simply the way things must be.

This one's a no brainier for me. I scored my 09 DGT for 1800 a few months ago and it's worth way more in my mind. I just love the gold top with the hollow birds and dark fretboard. More importantly it plays and sounds amazing bone stock.

Gfwc3Go.jpg

RIfTJf1.jpg

Truth.

Really, I am happiest with what I call the "original three" - Red, Yellow, Blue. My initial goal was to have ROYGBIV, and it happened. Now it's just kind of, "whatever, that's a cool one." I need to stop looking at Reverb, lol.

I need to stop looking at Reverb, lol.

Amen.

You know, ever since I grabbed that green Santana I haven’t been window shopping. Part of it is I’m fairly satisfied (Ha!) with my pile, and the other is I’m doing the color thing like you did. When I look at Bonni Pink, Purple, and Vintage Yellow guitars.... none of them are “bargain” priced. So that has helped.

What are the purchases where you got a peach of a deal? The ones that punch way above their price weights. The ones where you’d proudly shout out the price tag, rather than embarrassingly stammering it out, cough cough, say what??

Every PRS I own was bought prior to 2015, so they didn't cost me anywhere near what it would to replace them today. Having said that, I'd have to say my '91 Custom - traded 2 CE maple-top 24's and $200!!

I don’t know what in the hell is wrong with me that I don’t own a yellow PRS yet.

Back in 1987, when played my first CU24, it was a borrowed Vintage Yellow one (subbing for a sick guitarist---his rig was there in the club). I was immediately smitten. That and Santana Yellow are my favorite colors. I had a few PRS over the years, but was searching for certain colors and features. I got really lucky buying that 2008 CU24AP cheap in 2008---the owner had special ordered it and he said the neck turned out too big for him. He was right---for some reason it is nearly a WF carve, perfect for me. The biggest regular neck you can imagine.

Loved it so much, I wanted a stoptail CU22AP WF too---but with the ebony board like the CU24. I got lucky when someone on another forum posted this one as NOS, ebony board and rosewood neck. I grabbed it, so they are kinda twins. When I gig this pair, no one realizes I have changed guitars.

About 2 years ago, I happened to be searching eBay when the mint 2003 VY Santana II popped up at a low price with no activity (mislisted really), I grabbed it as well. It's my newest to the stable PRS, but the oldest one I own now.

My EG-3 was under a grand and my SC250 was under $1,500, so I feel like I made out okay on the instrument front. I tend to more than make up for it by overpaying for gimmicky accessories and amps. :D

My EG-3 was under a grand and my SC250 was under $1,500, so I feel like I made out okay on the instrument front. I tend to more than make up for it by overpaying for gimmicky accessories and amps. :D

My EG-3 was well under a grand too. I often forget about that one....it's a killer though!! What does yours look like? I post mine a lot, but here it is again:

Back