The Bargains

I've been having this conversation a bunch recently: Compared to everything else I've been buying in my adult life, PRS guitars are all a f@cking bargain. The craftsmanship, the quality, attention to detail, the value considering the joy they bring me... they're up there with my family and salad fixings with regards to the downright luxury they provide in my life. Whatever they cost is so worth it to me.

Having said that, most of what I have, if not everything, is due to you forum members, past, present, and occasional lurkers. Sure, I've had my share of good fortune of finding online deals but, nothing compared to the generosity of the folks that frequent this forum. From "bro pricing" to outright gifts, my pile of PRS has all been made as a result of knowing and getting to know y'all.

I showed up on the interwebs 7-8 years ago with a single CE looking for a rotary switch and dreams of a second guitar, and the (mostly) man that stands before you, the guy with a bathtub full of guitars and a Santana for every floor of my home, was made with an Ethernet cable and a willingness to meet strange men on the internet.

Now that's a bargain.
Cheers mate.

I've been having this conversation a bunch recently: Compared to everything else I've been buying in my adult life, PRS guitars are all a f@cking bargain. The craftsmanship, the quality, attention to detail, the value considering the joy they bring me... they're up there with my family and salad fixings with regards to the downright luxury they provide in my life. Whatever they cost is so worth it to me.

Having said that, most of what I have, if not everything, is due to you forum members, past, present, and occasional lurkers. Sure, I've had my share of good fortune of finding online deals but, nothing compared to the generosity of the folks that frequent this forum. From "bro pricing" to outright gifts, my pile of PRS has all been made as a result of knowing and getting to know y'all.

I showed up on the interwebs 7-8 years ago with a single CE looking for a rotary switch and dreams of a second guitar, and the (mostly) man that stands before you, the guy with a bathtub full of guitars and a Santana for every floor of my home, was made with an Ethernet cable and a willingness to meet strange men on the internet.

Now that's a bargain.

Sergio was my first PRS forum guest !!!! met a bunch of great folks on these forums and a BUNCH of killer guitars, even the ones I paid full $$ for were / are killer !!!

Like @sergiodeblanc said the real bargain is that a forum like this exists, where we can all admire and drool over each others beautiful guitars without a hint of snobbery - "Oh you've only got a SE" (unlike certain other forums I can think of). All of my US models have been bargains (maybe not as good as some of yours but compared to the rest of the guitar market here in the UK a steal at the prices I paid).all these were bought in the last 12 months

2015 McCarty = Free (a gift from the missus) she paid £2000 for it in NOS condition, My local store had a second hand one that they wanted £2100 for

2006 CE-24 Mahogany = £900 in virtually NOS condition, possibly a little expensive but certainly worth it to me compared to the reissued CE's

2001 Standard 22 = £1000 in excellent condition (one tiny ding on edge) like the CE possibly a little expensive but certainly worth it to me just for the colour.

2001 McCarty = £839 in excellent condition. What can I say, a core McCarty for the price of an SE

2016 S2 Vela = £650 mint condition, A bargain to me at the price, dont see many 2nd hand vela's for sale in the UK.
Unbelievable!

Well, considering 3 of my PRS guitars were free... ok, not to my bank account, buy my wife bought them for me.

But the NF3 was the steal of the century for me. GREAT GREAT guitar. When GC was having their "issues" a few years back and had TONS of PRS guitars a killer prices, I paid (price removed to protect the innocent) for it NEW! It was I think 3 years old when I bought it, but never sold. I was looking for a BM or Studio, but saw that price and grabbed it immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back