The Bargains

Tonart

Tone of the Art......or is that backwards?
What are the purchases where you got a peach of a deal? The ones that punch way above their price weights. The ones where you’d proudly shout out the price tag, rather than embarrassedly stammering it out, cough cough, say what??

Here’s mine. Brand new killer DGT stoptail bought at pre-owned price levels. What’s more, it’s resonant as a bell!
hu5wXrk.jpg

What are the purchases where you got a peach of a deal? The ones that punch way above their price weights. The ones where you’d proudly shout out the price tag, rather than embarrassedly stammering it out, cough cough, say what??

Here’s mine. Brand new killer DGT stoptail bought at pre-owned price levels. What’s more, it’s resonant as a bell!
hu5wXrk.jpg

That is so unbelievably saweeet!!

Most of mine have come in at what I would call a "decent" price, but these three were out-n-out steals as far as I am concerned. Two of them I got for such a good price I'll NEVER tell (in case I need to sell, lol)….

The SC245. I have said it on numerous occasions - I just absolutely LOVE this guitar. It sounds EXACTLY how I always imagined an electrified guitar would sound. It is GORGEOUS as well...10-top quilt, in an elegant faded burst...brushed 57/08 pickups...outline birds.....

The SC250. This is a guitar that was an AMAZING steal. I'll give a taste of the price - an Artist Package guitar for a little above new S2 pricing!!!! Of course, I negotiated the deal at GC with the help of my then-manager friend. GC knocked an extra 20% off because the guitar was "not as advertised" - there was a little more "damage" on the back than the condition rating should have. Score for me!!!

AP specs - SUPER TIGHT flame, Macassar ebony board/head overlay, gold hardware

The Santana III. Everything the Sergio, Bodia and other Santana-lovers say is true. This guitar KILLS. EVERYTHING about it is comfortable. It has a GLORIOUS tone. The feel is impeccable. I am blown away by how quickly I fell in love with this guitar!!!

[/url

Most of mine have come in at what I would call a "decent" price, but these three were out-n-out steals as far as I am concerned. Two of them I got for such a good price I'll NEVER tell (in case I need to sell, lol)….

The SC245. I have said it on numerous occasions - I just absolutely LOVE this guitar. It sounds EXACTLY how I always imagined an electrified guitar would sound. It is GORGEOUS as well...10-top quilt, in an elegant faded burst...brushed 57/08 pickups...outline birds.....

The SC250. This is a guitar that was an AMAZING steal. I'll give a taste of the price - an Artist Package guitar for a little above new S2 pricing!!!! Of course, I negotiated the deal at GC with the help of my then-manager friend. GC knocked an extra 20% off because the guitar was "not as advertised" - there was a little more "damage" on the back than the condition rating should have. Score for me!!!

The Santana III. Everything the Sergio, Bodia and other Santana-lovers say is true. This guitar KILLS. EVERYTHING about it is comfortable. It has a GLORIOUS tone. The feel is impeccable. I am blown away by how quickly I fell in love with this guitar!!!

[/url
Outstanding! The headstock on the SC250 is PS level! Just curious, does the SC245 happen to be a 1957/2008 limited?

Outstanding! The headstock on the SC250 is PS level! Just curious, does the SC245 happen to be a 1957/2008 limited?

Thanks! And....yes sir, the 245 is a 1957/2008 LTD. No TR cover or back plate, but Shawn over at PRS confirmed by the SN.

Thanks! And....yes sir, the 245 is a 1957/2008 LTD. No TR cover or back plate, but Shawn over at PRS confirmed by the SN.
You know why I asked? Because I have two McCarty’s from that run and they sound so phenomenally different from any other PRS. So when I read your words on the SC245, I believe every bit of it. There’s something in the wood for the 1957/2008 run I tell ya. It’s not the pickups; I can hear it acoustically.

[/url

This killer here is one of the two. I did not get a bargain for this one though..:p
FtDWMYd.jpg

Gulp!

I got this Tremonti for $1400. Its currently at the PTC getting refinished.
PLBfVmw.jpg

Also picked up this Custom 22 for $1100
tqnNetz.jpg

Also got this 30th anniversary Wood library for $3000 new!
tHJ60L7.jpg

And also the SCT for $1000.

g2QiHFE.png
Wokay we have a winner!!

You know why I asked? Because I have two McCarty’s from that run and they sound so phenomenally different from any other PRS. So when I read your words on the SC245, I believe every bit of it. There’s something in the wood for the 1957/2008 run I tell ya. It’s not the pickups; I can hear it acoustically.

I agree. The 245 is hands and feet above ALL the other PRS' I own. I have talked about the "magic" of my McCarty Burst S2, but that's referring to the songs that live in that guitar. If I want to talk about a MAGICAL guitar from the instrument stand-point, it's the 245 all the way.

PLBfVmw.jpg

tqnNetz.jpg

tHJ60L7.jpg

g2QiHFE.png

Some of mine weren't too much more than yours, but you win, for sure, lol!!!! GREAT scores at bargain prices!!

In '08 I was looking for a black Z06 PRS at GC that they sent from another store to my local GC to pick up. It was supposed to be in perfect condition and arrived w a couple buckle impressions or something on the back. They were sorry the phone condition report was not accurate and had wasted my drive there. I got it at their cost, crazy low vs. the retail price. Enough that the marks don't bother me at all and w the 5909's from PTC make this guitar sing. Turned out to be one of my favorites.

PLBfVmw.jpg

tqnNetz.jpg

tHJ60L7.jpg

g2QiHFE.png

Is the curator’s job still available!

I've been having this conversation a bunch recently: Compared to everything else I've been buying in my adult life, PRS guitars are all a f@cking bargain. The craftsmanship, the quality, attention to detail, the value considering the joy they bring me... they're up there with my family and salad fixings with regards to the downright luxury they provide in my life. Whatever they cost is so worth it to me.

Having said that, most of what I have, if not everything, is due to you forum members, past, present, and occasional lurkers. Sure, I've had my share of good fortune of finding online deals but, nothing compared to the generosity of the folks that frequent this forum. From "bro pricing" to outright gifts, my pile of PRS has all been made as a result of knowing and getting to know y'all.

I showed up on the interwebs 7-8 years ago with a single CE looking for a rotary switch and dreams of a second guitar, and the (mostly) man that stands before you, the guy with a bathtub full of guitars and a Santana for every floor of my home, was made with an Ethernet cable and a willingness to meet strange men on the internet.

Now that's a bargain.

I've been having this conversation a bunch recently: Compared to everything else I've been buying in my adult life, PRS guitars are all a f@cking bargain. The craftsmanship, the quality, attention to detail, the value considering the joy they bring me... they're up there with my family and salad fixings with regards to the downright luxury they provide in my life. Whatever they cost is so worth it to me.

Having said that, most of what I have, if not everything, is due to you forum members, past, present, and occasional lurkers. Sure, I've had my share of good fortune of finding online deals but, nothing compared to the generosity of the folks that frequent this forum. From "bro pricing" to outright gifts, my pile of PRS has all been made as a result of knowing and getting to know y'all.

I showed up on the interwebs 7-8 years ago with a single CE looking for a rotary switch and dreams of a second guitar, and the (mostly) man that stands before you, the guy with a bathtub full of guitars and a Santana for every floor of my home, was made with an Ethernet cable and a willingness to meet strange men on the internet.

Now that's a bargain.

Well said my bro. Well said!

Now that's a bargain.

B@n9!n !!:D

Like @sergiodeblanc said the real bargain is that a forum like this exists, where we can all admire and drool over each others beautiful guitars without a hint of snobbery - "Oh you've only got a SE" (unlike certain other forums I can think of). All of my US models have been bargains (maybe not as good as some of yours but compared to the rest of the guitar market here in the UK a steal at the prices I paid).all these were bought in the last 12 months

2015 McCarty = Free (a gift from the missus) she paid £2000 for it in NOS condition, My local store had a second hand one that they wanted £2100 for

2006 CE-24 Mahogany = £900 in virtually NOS condition, possibly a little expensive but certainly worth it to me compared to the reissued CE's

2001 Standard 22 = £1000 in excellent condition (one tiny ding on edge) like the CE possibly a little expensive but certainly worth it to me just for the colour.

2001 McCarty = £839 in excellent condition. What can I say, a core McCarty for the price of an SE

2016 S2 Vela = £650 mint condition, A bargain to me at the price, dont see many 2nd hand vela's for sale in the UK.

Back