The 2013 Winter NAMM Thread

I saw that. I think it's a PS version as the colour looks like FBJ with a purple wash...

Check out this cool cable with kill switch in it.
Quite different than other cables that have the slide built in that cut out the pop when you insert/pull the cable.
It also allows you to make it act like turning your volume control off/on.

TTK has been busy in the wee morning hours here uploading new vids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one, I did not realize Randall Amps was still around.
I was gigging with them back in '72.
If anyone here is familiar with West Seattle, there was a music store (name escapes me now) next to Admiral Theater that carried them, and they often loaned them to me and the group I was with back then for free to try out :D

I hope TTK gets some PRS coverage soon.

Ohhhhhhhhh , just refreshed my YouTube sub page, and Anderton's has a short PRS video up.

Here's some pics for ya!

IMG_7054_zps1b233225.jpg

this color is so amazing yet so hard to capture in a photo. You've done a better job than I have, but in real life, this color is just so complex and beautiful

Another one, I did not realize Randall Amps was still around. I was gigging with them back in '72. If anyone here is familiar with West Seattle, there was a music store (name escapes me now) next to Admiral Theater that carried them, and they often loaned them to me and the group I was with back then for free to try out :D

Randall has been around and kicking in the metal world - but over the last decade their reputation has gone to **** in regards to both tone and product build quality.

Much like PRS did with picking up someone with experience (Doug Sewellllllllll), Randall hired Mike Fortin of Fortin Amps who is a legend in the hi gain amp world. They revamped the whole line and everyone is excited again. Not for nothing, but that amp they demoed in the video sounds reallllllllly good. Mean and agreesive yet pretty darn balanced!

Randall has been around and kicking in the metal world - but over the last decade their reputation has gone to **** in regards to both tone and product build quality.

Much like PRS did with picking up someone with experience (Doug Sewellllllllll), Randall hired Mike Fortin of Fortin Amps who is a legend in the hi gain amp world. They revamped the whole line and everyone is excited again. Not for nothing, but that amp they demoed in the video sounds reallllllllly good. Mean and agreesive yet pretty darn balanced!
I had one of the RM50 Egnater designed MTS amps for a few years and it was a very cool amp. I really dug it. I don't know why more people didn't catch on to that design. They had all these artist sig preamps available which were all metal guys, but the non-sig preamps ran the gamut of tones from tweed to SLO.

No offense to Cosmic Ape, but this color is almost impossible to photograph well. I've taken several photos of this color and my photos always make the guitar look blue.

I will try again today. This time I will get rid of that annoying yellow light!

You know this whole namm thing is screwing up my eta on my DGT, how dare they.....

I bought Gary Howey's CD several years ago, nice to see he is coming out with a new one soon.

I concur, so much coverage of NAMM I will be busy watching a ton of videos this weekend.

Wow the private stock Paul's guitar is amazing!! Is the finish aquaviolet?

Well - I didn't take many pictures this year. It was crazy crowded and any time you stopped, there would be a traffic jam. I only took pics of the PRSi with the birds carved in them. I will get them up as soon as I can.

The PRS booth was crowded all day. My buddy that I went with fell in love with the PRS 4-string bass and is ordering one. I didn't buy anything other than a G7 capo. I did get to do some cool stuff this year though. I got to go to the TEC awards and see Pete Townsend get the Les Paul award and I got to go to the VIP Reception before the show and the reception after the show. I got to go to a benefit concert that featured some jazz artists I had never heard of, but they were incredible and it was a "sit in and jam" kind of thing where several of the musicians playing together had never even met.

I finally played a Taylor acoustic (two of them actually) that I liked, but the price point was around $12k...Markie and Phenny introduced me to those. I got to see the ever elusive TImmy Walls for a few minutes...

The rest of the time I spent wondering around playing guitars, listening to demos of cool gear.

I had an absolute blast this year...I am already looking forward to next year.

Back