The 2013 Winter NAMM Thread

023.jpg

053.jpg

034.jpg

030.jpg

Hehe.... Cool folks, doing cool stuff, cool trip!!

Well - I didn't take many pictures this year. It was crazy crowded and any time you stopped, there would be a traffic jam. I only took pics of the PRSi with the birds carved in them. I will get them up as soon as I can.

The PRS booth was crowded all day. My buddy that I went with fell in love with the PRS 4-string bass and is ordering one. I didn't buy anything other than a G7 capo. I did get to do some cool stuff this year though. I got to go to the TEC awards and see Pete Townsend get the Les Paul award and I got to go to the VIP Reception before the show and the reception after the show. I got to go to a benefit concert that featured some jazz artists I had never heard of, but they were incredible and it was a "sit in and jam" kind of thing where several of the musicians playing together had never even met.

I finally played a Taylor acoustic (two of them actually) that I liked, but the price point was around $12k...Markie and Phenny introduced me to those. I got to see the ever elusive TImmy Walls for a few minutes...

The rest of the time I spent wondering around playing guitars, listening to demos of cool gear.

I had an absolute blast this year...I am already looking forward to next year.

Good to see you too man!! It was literally a flying visit!!

Guitar World just put up a slew of vids including a few PRS ones.
http://www.youtube.com/user/guitarworld?feature=watch

Awfully short videos though, would like to have heard more.

Here is a longer one on a PRS amp.

Check out this Egnater amp, better yet, check out what axe he is playing with.

Oh so many videos to watch, I will have to catch up at home during the weekend.
I like how Guitar World saved all of theirs until after the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Angelo Batio LIVE w/ Dave Reffett @ EMINENCE Speakers : NAMM 2013
Published on Jan 29, 2013

An amazing performance LIVE at the EMINENCE Speakers booth by Michael Angel Batio! As Michael says in the video : This is the first ever double lead guitar version of "No Boundaries", and both he and David Reffett TORE IT UP!

DEMO : Peavey VYPYR VIP Series 1, 2, 3 : NAMM 2013
This is a first of it's kind - and something to check out. The world's FIRST 'Variable Instrument Performance' Amplifier (V.I.P.).

This amp can be a BASS amp a GUITAR amp or an ACOUSTIC amp with the switch-up of a few parameters.

Not PRS related, but pretty cool looking guitars regardless.
Never heard of this brand before.

NAMM '13 - Mayones Guitars Regius 6 Demo, Custom Shop Regius 7, Regius 8

Just into my inbox.
More NAMM videos keep coming from Premier Guitar.
Very cool looper, very small pedal.

Back