Just got to spend my first quality time with Wolfy, and here are my first impressions.

I LOVE the neck pattern, Pattern Thin. My other two PRS's are 594 HBII which has Pattern Vintage and my core CU24 has Pattern Regular. Of those 3, Vintage is my least fav so far, but maybe it has to do with the 24 frets on the other two, can't say for sure. I do know that they all feel better than any other guitar I own or have played ;~))

The bite from these pickups (58/15 LT TCI's) and thicker body is tight! I liked playing my CU24 better than the HBII when it came to neck feel, but for tone and weight I prefer the HBII. With this one, it is like best of both worlds. I have many of the same tones as the HBII (same pickups except not TCI), but have 24 frets and a neck pattern that I like better. And even though it is close to the weight of my other CU24, it does not feel as heavy! Maybe I am just really strong today ;~)) Using a different guitar strap as well, so that may influence my perception of the weight as well. The tightness of it's bark makes me want to hit Zep like riffs all day!

The sustain is like something out of Spinal Tap! I can hear it now, even as I type! It's quite incredible really!! Can you hear it?

Being in hands only 24 hours now, the wood of the neck and fret board are still distracting me quite a bit. Just amazing to look at and causing me to miss notes and chords.

Quite the treat, I must say!! Thanks again Universe! I wish every aspiring guitarist could have an instrument like this so that they would not have to overcome the obstacles rendered by poorly made guitars.

Wolfy is ready to howl, and he is sounding sweet! Thanks for all your kind words!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Good gawd, I'd also be distracted and would most assuredly have written a near exact Paul's Prayer, bravo sir! May you love it long time!
From my COLD DEAD HANDS! Actually true of all 3 of my PRS's, but if I had to save one, this would be the treasure! And thanks for the shout out on the prayer. I have learned that some people may be offended, thinking I have taken the lord's name in vane or something to that effect. I meant no disrespect to anyone or their spiritual beliefs, I was simply adapting the heroic prose that was ingrained into me as a child by the mortar and pestle of Christianity. Praise be to all who believe in themselves (which I am sure some will misinterpret)!

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words. Wanted to give a shout out to the dealership that I purchased this through, Wildwood Guitars in Louisville, CO. These guys, especially Lance, really went the extra mile to make my experience a great one. They have an excellent selection of guitars and know very well how to work with people (especially those of us who can't afford this stuff, but buy it anyway)!!! Check them out if you are in the market! The fact that PRS let them have one of the NAMM 2021 PS guitars, I think, says quite a bit!!!

Congratulations on your lovely new guitar! An instrument worthy of the Moondog! PRS make the best guitars in the world.

Congratulations on your lovely new guitar! An instrument worthy of the Moondog! PRS make the best guitars in the world.

Certainly the best guitars I have ever laid my hands on!!! Thanks for the kind words!!!

A song for the moon wolf.

Some of the music here sounds a lot like the Phillip glass music from Koyaanisqatsi, the first in the Qatsi film trilogy. Watch them if you can, some very thought provoking stuff. Excellent nature footage in that vid you posted!!! Thanks for sharing!

Moondog Wily's three moons songs so far are Howlin' At The Moon (released on Wolfy's birthday), Luna Clock and Peek A Boo Luna!

If you are in tune with the moon, you may want to calculate your moon age on my Luna Clock!!! Here is the calculator I built. First appeared online in 1996 (25 years online uninterrupted as of this year) and just updated this year with a new graphical user interface and extra moon data. More to come in next version!!!

Certainly the best guitars I have ever laid my hands on!!! Thanks for the kind words!!!
Some of the music here sounds a lot like the Phillip glass music from Koyaanisqatsi, the first in the Qatsi film trilogy. Watch them if you can, some very thought provoking stuff. Excellent nature footage in that vid you posted!!! Thanks for sharing!
Moondog Wily's three moons songs so far are Howlin' At The Moon (released on Wolfy's birthday), Luna Clock and Peek A Boo Luna!
If you are in tune with the moon, you may want to calculate your moon age on my Luna Clock!!! Here is the calculator I built. First appeared online in 1996 (25 years online uninterrupted as of this year) and just updated this year with a new graphical user interface and extra moon data. More to come in next version!!!

I saw koyanaquatsi (1982?!) years ago. Multiply that frenetic mess by 2 for modernity.
Thanks for the music. You're one of those internet stars! Sounds great!
I need to do some research on Bandcamp. It must be like soundcloud.

I saw koyanaquatsi (1982?!) years ago. Multiply that frenetic mess by 2 for modernity.
Thanks for the music. You're one of those internet stars! Sounds great!
I need to do some research on Bandcamp. It must be like soundcloud.
Yeah, first time I viewed Koyaanisqatsi was in the mid to late 80's on Laser Disk if I recall correctly! I liked it (in a sad morbid way)! Of course, Phillip Glass always has the goods! I feel the other two films in that trilogy are equally compelling, so if you get a chance, check them out if you have not!

Ha, internet star!!! If that's the case, I wonder where my $0.000001/play is going!!! Oh, yeah, it is almost hitting a penny! Time to cash out!!! Thanks for the kind words, very much appreciated!!!

I use Bandcamp and Distrokid. Distrokid distributes to iTunes, Amazon, Tidal, Spotify, etc. Bandcamp is just bandcamp, but when I am ready to release a song, it is there and available for download/listen/purchase immediately after upload. With Distrokid, it takes from 1-7 days to get onto various services. I also like that bandcamp requires no money up front to set up a basic artist presence, and they pay out a lot more than all the other services that I am aware of or use. You can sell merchandise, music, yada, yada! Very easy system (at least I think so) compared to maintaining your own online system (and I build online systems for a living). PM me if you want to chat in more detail about any of that!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Back