The 2013 Winter NAMM Thread

137185433.jpg

how were the feet though ?

;-)

I have to say, Paul's guitar is really "doing it" for me :adore:
Love the birds, and the color. But that dirty violin would have been awesome as an alternative color too.
ANyone know what these will list at?

I love both colors. Those birds are growing on me too. Just gorgeous overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link.
I saw some red kill switches on a few guitars in the NAMM vids, but this cable requires no mods to the guitar for the stutter effect.

Yep, I was all set to install a killswitch on my Fernandes, ordered an arcade button from Hong Kong. But I want to try this first, not sure if the placement will be ideal for accessing it quickly though. May be tough to pick a note and move your hand to the input jack and find that tiny button. We'll see, I placed an order a few days ago. Some may find stutters kitschy, but I love being able to sim a pattern gate or pattern trem on the fly, instead of always relying on your pre-programmed patterns. Sometimes organic and spontaneous is fun.

Did you watch the demo? The mute is mechanical and has a spring, so you can do killswitch stutters. Other cables I have seen with silent switches were not responsive enough to do anything like this.

I guess the killswitch use doesn't do much for me - I'd rather use a switch on the guitar.

I hope that they do make a wrap around bridge version of the JA15. I would imagine that there would be a significant tone difference due to the location change of the wood block that normally sits under the stop tail of the two piece bridge. A wrap around bridge version might also have the mohagany block running the through the body. This might be more 335 like. I would definitely want this version.

Hi,

I shot some video at NAMM and am in the process of posting it to YouTube. You can see the first couple here:

and here:

I bought a DGT in December so I was really excited to see David Grissom. I also shot some video of Gary Grainger demo'ing his bass and of PRSh's band. I'll post those in the next day or so.

Brian

Some may find stutters kitschy, but I love being able to sim a pattern gate or pattern trem on the fly, instead of always relying on your pre-programmed patterns. Sometimes organic and spontaneous is fun.

Me too! Stutter, or as I like to call 'em "Sour" switches are standard mods on all of my guitars. I take out the tone control and put a mini switch in its place.

Back