Tell me about your soapies!

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
I've been jonesin' for some slippery soapie action! Tell me about your P-90 PRS...post pics!
I haven't played too many but have always wanted one. Post clips or vids if ya got any.

um... okay... I got these two...

Bb7f80T.jpg

I put a Thorn Staple Top in the SE One, though the original P90 was pretty good... still, wouldn't want a Staple Top to go to waste, would we? The 25th Anni Mira 245 is one of my favourite guitars ever; it just rings like a bell, and I love to play it...

So basically, they're freakin' awesome! :D

My only one....get it! :D

Upgrades include gold MannMade2300, gold PIII's, core nut, gold pickguard screws, an amber lampshade, 280k CTS volume pot, 0.022 paper in oil cap, and a Lollar P-90. My only regret; not keeping the original soapbar.

Ud5NVIt.jpg

SE One owner here. Love it! Really unique guitar with its own voice for sure. I also play my friend's CU22 Soapy a bit whenever we jam at his house. It's a really cool guitar.

um... okay... I got these two...

Bb7f80T.jpg

I put a Thorn Staple Top in the SE One, though the original P90 was pretty good... still, wouldn't want a Staple Top to go to waste, would we? The 25th Anni Mira 245 is one of my favourite guitars ever; it just rings like a bell, and I love to play it...

So basically, they're freakin' awesome! :D

Oooh, that Korina One makes me feel all tingly! I've always loved LPJ's and I think a One would definitely scratch that particular itch. I know birds were added in 2012, but what year did they discontinued the One?

Bud, you gotta upgrade those shoes.
:(

My only one....get it! :D

Upgrades include gold MannMade2300, gold PIII's, core nut, gold pickguard screws, an amber lampshade, 280k CTS volume pot, 0.022 paper in oil cap, and a Lollar P-90. My only regret; not keeping the original soapbar.

Ud5NVIt.jpg

Last edited:
I like P90s enough that I have 2 guitars with 3 each. No PRS with them though.
They have a dirty, rough boy grit to them.
My etched guitar has a pair that still haven’t been plugged into a real amp - my house is kind of Wisconsin shipping temperature right now.

I like the swamp ash body ones the best (a little angrier sounding), although the mahogany are nice too (warmer and chunky). Korina less so (sounds flat to me compared to the other two). Having 3 pickups is nice, as the in-between sounds are great, especially when played clean. However, the middle pickup (as happens in all 3 pickup guitars) gets in the way of my picking sometimes. Overall, they are great for classic rock and blues. Although too sloppy for “modern metal”, they are fun for older metal (late 60s till 1980 and then some grindy or chunky stuff from the 90s and 2000s).

So, I feel like I'm wanting an S2 SC Satin Standard and turning it into a soapbar. So I'd need to get a custom pickguard to hold the soapies. Also start researching P-90's. I think the charcoal ones look pretty slick. I like the thin nitro satin finish. I'm not wanting to spend a ton of $, so a 594 would be out. I like 2 volume knobs and like the idea of a solid mahogany guitar with P-90's. So I'd need to get a custom pickguard to hold the soapies. Who knows when this might happen. It's pretty far away from my "need" category. Hell, I've wanted a P-90 guitar for a long time. Since it doesn't fall into my "use all the time category", it'll probably be awhile.

So, I feel like I'm wanting an S2 SC Satin Standard and turning it into a soapbar. So I'd need to get a custom pickguard to hold the soapies. Also start researching P-90's. I think the charcoal ones look pretty slick. I like the thin nitro satin finish. I'm not wanting to spend a ton of $, so a 594 would be out. I like 2 volume knobs and like the idea of a solid mahogany guitar with P-90's. So I'd need to get a custom pickguard to hold the soapies. Who knows when this might happen. It's pretty far away from my "need" category. Hell, I've wanted a P-90 guitar for a long time. Since it doesn't fall into my "use all the time category", it'll probably be awhile.

Didn’t garettt do that awhile back?

Oooh, that Korina One makes me feel all tingly! I've always loved LPJ's and I think a One would definitely scratch that particular itch. I know birds were added in 2012, but what year did they discontinued the One?
not sure when they discontinued it, tbh... this particular SE One is my second; I traded in my first towards my first Mira, then regretted doing it for five long years until I found this second One... both are just killer little rock'n'roll machines, but this one is going no where (I've since abandoned all hope of only owning a sensible number of guitars - as has my wife :p )

here's a pic of the first one I had (seen here with my 25th Anni CU24) - it had dots rather than birds, but as far as I remember the two were very much alike in terms of playability and tone...

p9K8Jig.jpg

Last edited:
Remember, they make humbucker sized p-90's for those of us who don't wanna do da woik! The Lindy Fralins I've heard are remarkable!

Remember, they make humbucker sized p-90's for those of us who don't wanna do da woik! The Lindy Fralins I've heard are remarkable!

This! I had a set of Kinman Noiseless HB sized P-90s in a SC594 for well over a year. I went back to regular HBs last month. Sold the Kinmans to gush. They were gnarly! Straight up rawk-n-roll!

Yeah I could do that but I don’t want to “sacrifice” any current guitars for my fix. So a new guitar would have to happen either way.

Back