Tell me about your SE EG?

I have a white trem SE EG. The tuners were changed, the nut was changed, the pickguard was shielded, the pot was upped to a 300k, and I had a Fender TBX tone control put in. Except for the pain in the ass volume control, it's a smoking guitar. Then I stumbled across a 92 EGII with dominos. The EG will go on the chopping block at some point.

I have a white trem SE EG. The tuners were changed, the nut was changed, the pickguard was shielded, the pot was upped to a 300k, and I had a Fender TBX tone control put in. Except for the pain in the ass volume control, it's a smoking guitar. Then I stumbled across a 92 EGII with dominos. The EG will go on the chopping block at some point.

Well, sh!t. If I don’t win this auction hit me up.

I was wrong about the S2 having the pool route....it's the old EG that has it. The STD 22 has two HB routes.

Nothing a Dremel can't fix. I considered this option before I decided to go full Strat, since close wasn't going to cut it for my GAS.

S2 Standards are cheap used and better than the older SE guitars.

Thanks guys, never mind...

RW8DHLc.jpg

Cooooool! Glad you got it man! I for one am stoked to hear if it will check the S-type boxes for ya. I have been debating on one of these too for a while. All I ever seem to find are blue ones? Or at least they are the only ones for sale at a resonable price anyway. I found a red one a while back that was pretty cool but way overpriced. Good luck bro! Hope it's what you were looking for!

Cooooool! Glad you got it man! I for one am stoked to hear if it will check the S-type boxes for ya. I have been debating on one of these too for a while. All I ever seem to find are blue ones? Or at least they are the only ones for sale at a resonable price anyway. I found a red one a while back that was pretty cool but way overpriced. Good luck bro! Hope it's what you were looking for!

Thanks, buddy! I’ll let you know what I think. If those Nicky Moroch videos are any indication.... if it’s sucks, then it’s my fault.

I had an SE EG, the blue one, It had different tuners put in and Texas Special pups.

The playability and tone were very good. Yes it was light. Certainly a great bang for the buck. I have a SS now and there are a lot of similarities.

I only sold it because I do not do well with SSS. My SS is a second and last chance in an effort to play a SSS guitar like many of my heros.

Things are moving slowly though as the setup from the store was VERY poor. They DID NOT watch the video on conversion from decked to floating trem.....

The one I bought is HSS. And I feel you, this is my last “Strat”.

I think.

Hope you dig it! The HSS SE EG looks the most "balanced" - visually - to me. There is just something "off" to the SSS versions. I dig the shape, but I always see the EGII with the Dominoes....the three skinny singles just look "wrong".

Personally, I am surprised at how much I love my EG 3. I was expecting to move it on, but right now I can't put it down. I built a KILLER Hendrix meets Uli Jon Roth patch in my Helix, and I am blazing away on my EG. It has been getting a lot of action beside the SC245. I finally have MY Les Paul and Strat!!

Hope you dig it! The HSS SE EG looks the most "balanced" - visually - to me. There is just something "off" to the SSS versions. I dig the shape, but I always see the EGII with the Dominoes....the three skinny singles just look "wrong".

Personally, I am surprised at how much I love my EG 3. I was expecting to move it on, but right now I can't put it down. I built a KILLER Hendrix meets Uli Jon Roth patch in my Helix, and I am blazing away on my EG. It has been getting a lot of action beside the SC245. I finally have MY Les Paul and Strat!!

I really just bought the cheapest and first one that came up for sale. I’m hoping that by keeping my expectations low, and not getting too excited about it will lead me to a greater chance of being surprised by it.

I think I even let out a sigh and rolled my eyes a bit when I put in my minimum bid.

I really just bought the cheapest and first one that came up for sale. I’m hoping that by keeping my expectations low, and not getting too excited about it will lead me to a greater chance of being surprised by it.

I think I even let out a sigh and rolled my eyes a bit when I put in my minimum bid.

I can't believe it only got one bid. If you didn't do it, I was going to grab it for no good reason.

Back