Swamp Ash Combinations?

watelessness

were there any other models that had swamp ash bodies combined with other woods besides some of the MEV's?

thanks!

How does the ash compare to mahogany in your opinion?
Completely different. Wood matters with tone. Swamp Ash was a very differnet animal for me. I found some good sites online I feel the opinion of effect on tone to be accurate.

Mine is all swamp ash body with maple neck. Once I found gold for the right pickup combo I couldn't imagine life without this guitar.

Screenshot_20220907-231752_Gallery1622d9075d2486af.jpg

Completely different. Wood matters with tone. Swamp Ash was a very differnet animal for me. I found some good sites online I feel the opinion of effect on tone to be accurate.

Mine is all swamp ash body with maple neck. Once I found gold for the right pickup combo I couldn't imagine life without this guitar.

Screenshot_20220907-231752_Gallery1622d9075d2486af.jpg
My 06 SAS is one of my PRS guitars with the most mileage on it. I have played it a bunch of gigs. Others that have come up and played it love it too. I actually have a list of names that I am supposed to call if I ever decide I want to sell it. Mine is a McCarty burst with birds. These were great guitars and a lot of bang for the buck.

I do see a lot of wood library custom 24's with Swamp ash - seems to be the "hot setup" the past few years. Not sure why - is it cool or trendy or tone is superior? It looks cool most of the time, although aesthetically I sometimes prefer the darker back color of natural mahogany backs, and the seam between the swamp ash pieces at the carve of the lower bout bothers me sometimes.

I've never played one, but I wonder too - as a huge fan of "classic" PRS tone (by classic - to me at least - that maple top on mahogany back with mahogany neck custom 24 sound of the late 90's early 00's - on the heavier side of music) would I like one of these newer specs with swamp ash back and possibly maple neck and/or board.

I do see a lot of wood library custom 24's with Swamp ash - seems to be the "hot setup" the past few years. Not sure why - is it cool or trendy or tone is superior? It looks cool most of the time, although aesthetically I sometimes prefer the darker back color of natural mahogany backs, and the seam between the swamp ash pieces at the carve of the lower bout bothers me sometimes.

I've never played one, but I wonder too - as a huge fan of "classic" PRS tone (by classic - to me at least - that maple top on mahogany back with mahogany neck custom 24 sound of the late 90's early 00's - on the heavier side of music) would I like one of these newer specs with swamp ash back and possibly maple neck and/or board.
It's different. There are only so many things you can do with a mahogany body and a maple top. But change the body to swamp ash and you can literally do all of those things again. Plus, since it's a really good body wood that isn't a standard offering, people get it in the wood library runs just to have it be different. I intentionally went out to find a swamp ash body for my latest purchase.

Back