Something in a FedEx Box... (edit: Sergio gets the White Westie)

Tosca has it right. Play it until the awesomeness inside blows the finish off. Get it refinished. Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repe...

One day Paco will have daddy's #1, THE guitar, and the life lesson that it embodies.

Sergio, brother, the way you talk about this has already exceeded my highest hopes immeasurably. I'm so glad we pulled it off.

Damn those onions!

That is one way of lookin' at it...

Thank you! Lil' dude is my whole life now, every day it dawns on me more how lucky I am. From him popping out in good shape to being able to spend my days caring for him and being fortunate enough to have hitched my wagon to his mom, I truly lead a charmed life.

But yeah... I'm totally ruining this guitar. Not in like, a deliberate way but, in a I'm gonna play the sh!t outta it way. I mean, would you guys rather I keep it locked in its case and rub it with a diaper every now and then? or (since it is my dream guitar after all) would you guys like to see it become my new f@cking "right arm"? The guitar Paco see's his dad grab every time he leaves the house, the guitar that's omnipresent in his home and in his childhood memories, the guitar that when he gets it; It'll remind him of me, 'cause it's daddy's guitar. ;)

Paco's gonna get all my stuff. I've already been telling him that all of these guitars will be his one day. But before then, he's gonna get an SE, and then he's gonna mow the damn lawn and get a part-time job to learn the value of working for what he wants. No kid (in my opinion) should get a Ferrari on his 16th birthday, or by extension start off life with a West Street Limited. That's how you get kicked off airplanes for being a drunk asshat like the Hilton boy, or you drive around shooting women in your BMW 'cause you can't get girls to sleep with you and you feel as though your entitled to whatever you want like that other rich dude's son.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but, when something as glorious as this is happens to you... it makes you think about things, ya know? Thanks to you bastids I can never drive past somebody with car trouble again because I'm in a hurry, and every cashier that asks if I'd like to make a donation to save the Habitat of the North American Grey Pigeon is gettin' one of my dollars. It's now like I have an obligation to be as rad of a dude as y'all must think I am to do such an amazingly generous thing.

It's weird. I know y'all gave me a guitar but, it feels like you really gave me a renewed sense of faith in the inherent greatness humanity instead.

Love you guys.

Edit: Oh, and did I say Thank you?!? I feel like I haven't.

Mucho amore, dude!

...I honestly didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I do, even the lack of sleep isn't too bad...
I don't remember ever being tired (probably oppressed memories). But again, this is why you do this stuff while you're young...so you can more easily survive the experience. ;) Every day is a wonderful adventure, so keep the grin on your face.

Rad! Man, I'm already having the best time, my days are filled with poopy diapers, smiles, tummy time, and lots of music with my little dude. I honestly didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I do, even the lack of sleep isn't too bad although I do tell him that nothing good ever happens before noon. :cool: I totally get wanting to spoil the sh!t outta dude, I want him to have everything already but it's also important to want things, ya know?

Yeah, I hope I didn't come off mean by quoting your post, it was more of a jumping off point for some of the things that have been running through my head since Monday. I mean, I don't deserve this guitar. At all. Not one bit but, I'm gonna rock it.

I hope it will bring some joy to everyone who participated (and those that wanted too but were unable to) to see me wear this thing all the time. Like, when your girl gets excited that you're wearing that sweater she got for you last Christmas. Only this time, I really do love it!

If you felt like you deserved it, you wouldn't deserve it. Know what I mean?

That sonuvabiotch better look like Frankie Clarke's Standard by the time Paco takes ownership.

casper1.jpg

Thank you! Lil' dude is my whole life now, every day it dawns on me more how lucky I am. From him popping out in good shape to being able to spend my days caring for him and being fortunate enough to have hitched my wagon to his mom, I truly lead a charmed life.

But yeah... I'm totally ruining this guitar. Not in like, a deliberate way but, in a I'm gonna play the sh!t outta it way. I mean, would you guys rather I keep it locked in its case and rub it with a diaper every now and then? or (since it is my dream guitar after all) would you guys like to see it become my new f@cking "right arm"? The guitar Paco see's his dad grab every time he leaves the house, the guitar that's omnipresent in his home and in his childhood memories, the guitar that when he gets it; It'll remind him of me, 'cause it's daddy's guitar. ;)

Paco's gonna get all my stuff. I've already been telling him that all of these guitars will be his one day. But before then, he's gonna get an SE, and then he's gonna mow the damn lawn and get a part-time job to learn the value of working for what he wants. No kid (in my opinion) should get a Ferrari on his 16th birthday, or by extension start off life with a West Street Limited. That's how you get kicked off airplanes for being a drunk asshat like the Hilton boy, or you drive around shooting women in your BMW 'cause you can't get girls to sleep with you and you feel as though your entitled to whatever you want like that other rich dude's son.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but, when something as glorious as this is happens to you... it makes you think about things, ya know? Thanks to you bastids I can never drive past somebody with car trouble again because I'm in a hurry, and every cashier that asks if I'd like to make a donation to save the Habitat of the North American Grey Pigeon is gettin' one of my dollars. It's now like I have an obligation to be as rad of a dude as y'all must think I am to do such an amazingly generous thing.

It's weird. I know y'all gave me a guitar but, it feels like you really gave me a renewed sense of faith in the inherent greatness humanity instead.

Love you guys.

As I said earlier, play the crap outta that guitar. Guitars are for playing, and your favorite guitar better look like you've played it the most out of all your toys.

And yeah, I know exactly what you mean by entitled snowflakes that don't understand the concept of working for things.

Rock on, man!

I mean, I don't deserve this guitar. At all.

Well, agree to disagree.

When Bill started the "How Would You Finish..." thread, my immediate reaction was to post "Wrap it in a cardboard box with Sergio's address on it". But before I even started typing, my brain pretty much screamed, "You can't do that, and it's wrong to taunt him like that." Which is an odd thought for me - for me, almost nothing is off-limits to joke about, as long as the person knows I'm joking (even if it's actually "eventually knows"...). Hell, I've teased my buddy about the heart condition he's developed/developing. But I couldn't do it this time because that was something I really wished I could make happen.

You do deserve it. It's time you convince yourself, so grab a mirror and repeat...

435a619c-187b-42d0-ae21-2280bf9df904.jpg

Tosca has it right. Play it until the awesomeness inside blows the finish off. Get it refinished. Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repe...

One day Paco will have daddy's #1, THE guitar, and the life lesson that it embodies.

Sergio, brother, the way you talk about this has already exceeded my highest hopes immeasurably. I'm so glad we pulled it off.

Damn those onions!

I have to confess I was salty towards you when you started the White Westie thread, Bill.

I'm embarrassed to admit that my base instincts and greed took over, and that reptilian part of my brain was thinkin' of ways to get it. I thought: "G@d dammit! I knew I shoulda kept my mouth shut about that guitar." I even (not so) jokingly asked Shawn to hide it the rafters for a bit. :oops: I believe before Hans even knew what you guys were doing, he told me that unless I was willing to move on it right away, I would have to be resigned to the fact that somebody else was gonna buy it. It was too high profile by then, and I was too stubborn and selfish to sell my other guitars in order to afford it.

Eventually I found some peace in the thread by having fun with it and letting you guys have your way with teasing on me, and I hammed it up a bit (though not much, truthfully). I know I dish it out quite a bit (as anyone with a blue guitar can attest to) but, I try to be fair and take it too.
Then around (exactly) the post that Phil made "Unlikely Sergio Attains", I was all: "F@ck this thread! It has gone too far, I'm not opening it again. Screw you guys, I'm going home." :oops: Then like an addict, I'd keep going back to it, powerless with desire.

I only bring it up to because my conscious is heavy from that really negative energy. Not in a million years could I think that you and Phil were planning this, not in a million years! You guys got me... Good.

I had tried to explain earlier what I wanted this guitar to mean to my infant son, and now I needed to try and tell you guys what it means to me. It really does mean the world to me. It has made me confront an ugly side of myself and taught me a life lesson. I always wanted to buy a guitar with that lil' Om symbol on it ('cause like a poser I thought it'd be cool) but now, as I look at it, its true meaning and power come through. This guitar is so much more than a "thing" now, if I had bought it, I don't feel it would mean as much. It's like some Gift of the Magi type sh!t, but better 'cause now that story sucks.

Damn, now I've got that cuttin' onions feeling going on. Enough emotional-feeling crap, let's get back to jokin' around here!

So.... Why do all my friends look at me funny when I tell them I got a White Dragon from a bunch of dudes on the internet? :eek:;):p

Love you guys.

Yay Sergio.
This is my nominee for best post ever.

I feel a little bad about the "how would you finish it" thread. I didn't start it to touture you, well, maybe a little. But it had a real purpose. We needed to find out how it should look for you. I couldn't just ask you directly, too many thing had to come together first. So I faked it as an intellectual exercise.

I'm glad you finally did post there, but very, very sorry that it caused you any pain.

I know exactly what you're saying Sergio. It's like the super hot girl that flirts and flirts with you but then won't go out with you. I wrote things several times in that thread and then either quickly pulled them or never posted them because I just thought "he wants this too bad, and although he's going to get it, he doesn't know that yet and saying that would be just plain taunting him." I was totally joking and had a couple funny things, and just couldn't do it. Didn't want to rub salt even though I knew what was coming.

All that said, my two favorite guitars are blue, so I probably owed you some teasing! HAHAHAHAHA

I feel a little bad about the "how would you finish it" thread. I didn't start it to touture you, well, maybe a little. But it had a real purpose. We needed to find out how it should look for you. I couldn't just ask you directly, too many thing had to come together first. So I faked it as an intellectual exercise.

I'm glad you finally did post there, but very, very sorry that it caused you any pain.

Oh, no way, Bill! I don't want you to feel bad in the slightest. That's why I felt it important to come clean about the feelings I had for a minute. I mean, it obviously came from your heart and I totally get it now. Like I said, it made me confront some unpleasant stuff about myself that I wouldn't have otherwise. I mean, it's embarrassing for me to admit it, but things did kinda end up working out for me. It is just important for me to acknowledge it when being faced with "You deserve it" and "Nicest guy" comments.

Nothing but love, brother. Nothing but love.

So, anyone knows how a West Street Limited ended up with a 2016 serial number? I always thought it was a comissioned refinish while seeing it at the PSF thread, but now the only reasonable explanation for it being there is that it was one of the brazilian guitars left in the factory along with all those ME I's and 513's waiting to be finished.
Anyone knows it's true story?

Wow! This is not only one of the coolest things I have ever seen on the internet, but it is one of the most generous and thoughtful acts I have ever witnessed in all of my life. My faith in humanity has been restored.

Congrats, Sergio!

So, anyone knows how a West Street Limited ended up with a 2016 serial number? I always thought it was a comissioned refinish while seeing it at the PSF thread, but now the only reasonable explanation for it being there is that it was one of the brazilian guitars left in the factory along with all those ME I's and 513's waiting to be finished.
Anyone knows it's true story?

Iirc, this is close to the truth.

Then around (exactly) the post that Phil made "Unlikely Sergio Attains", I was all: "F@ck this thread! It has gone too far, I'm not opening it again. Screw you guys, I'm going home." :oops: Then like an addict, I'd keep going back to it, powerless with desire.

I was pushing it a bit hard there, guilty as charged. I felt I needed a bit more cover as I was afraid you were going to guess at any time :D.
Wow! This is not only one of the coolest things I have ever seen on the internet, but it is one of the most generous and thoughtful acts I have ever witnessed in all of my life. My faith in humanity has been restored.

Congrats, Sergio!

I said as much to Jim (Bodia) when forum members started chipping in after the mass PMWSDB (Private Message without Sergio DeBlanc) :).

Back