Something in a FedEx Box... (edit: Sergio gets the White Westie)

Mini Update: My dude, Paco was sleepy all day and my cold hasn't really materialized so I've been fondling and playing it all day long. My god, I'm in love and so f@ckin' beyond grateful.

It has obsessed me for so long and I still can't believe it. You guys are beyond Bangin'!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!!

Mini Update: My dude, Paco was sleepy all day and my cold hasn't really materialized so I've been fondling and playing it all day long. My god, I'm in love and so f@ckin' beyond grateful.

It has obsessed me for so long and I still can't believe it. You guys are beyond Bangin'!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!!

I think I need a white guitar two (Freudian Slip).

Truly epic! Awesome gesture from the guys who made it happen. Do we now know what the history of this guitar was before pics started popping up in the PSF thread way back when?

The way I look at this, the guys just bought Paco his first guitar. ;) try not to ruin it until he is old enough to play it!
First of all congrats on the baby! Wish you see him grow in good health and enjoy great moments together!

That is one way of lookin' at it...

Thank you! Lil' dude is my whole life now, every day it dawns on me more how lucky I am. From him popping out in good shape to being able to spend my days caring for him and being fortunate enough to have hitched my wagon to his mom, I truly lead a charmed life.

But yeah... I'm totally ruining this guitar. Not in like, a deliberate way but, in a I'm gonna play the sh!t outta it way. I mean, would you guys rather I keep it locked in its case and rub it with a diaper every now and then? or (since it is my dream guitar after all) would you guys like to see it become my new f@cking "right arm"? The guitar Paco see's his dad grab every time he leaves the house, the guitar that's omnipresent in his home and in his childhood memories, the guitar that when he gets it; It'll remind him of me, 'cause it's daddy's guitar. ;)

Paco's gonna get all my stuff. I've already been telling him that all of these guitars will be his one day. But before then, he's gonna get an SE, and then he's gonna mow the damn lawn and get a part-time job to learn the value of working for what he wants. No kid (in my opinion) should get a Ferrari on his 16th birthday, or by extension start off life with a West Street Limited. That's how you get kicked off airplanes for being a drunk asshat like the Hilton boy, or you drive around shooting women in your BMW 'cause you can't get girls to sleep with you and you feel as though your entitled to whatever you want like that other rich dude's son.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but, when something as glorious as this is happens to you... it makes you think about things, ya know? Thanks to you bastids I can never drive past somebody with car trouble again because I'm in a hurry, and every cashier that asks if I'd like to make a donation to save the Habitat of the North American Grey Pigeon is gettin' one of my dollars. It's now like I have an obligation to be as rad of a dude as y'all must think I am to do such an amazingly generous thing.

It's weird. I know y'all gave me a guitar but, it feels like you really gave me a renewed sense of faith in the inherent greatness humanity instead.

Love you guys.

Edit: Oh, and did I say Thank you?!? I feel like I haven't.

Last edited:

Thank you! Lil' dude is my whole life now, every day it dawns on me more how lucky I am. From him popping out in good shape to being able to spend my days caring for him and being fortunate enough to have hitched my wagon to his mom, I truly lead a charmed life.

But yeah... I'm totally ruining this guitar. Not in like, a deliberate way but, in a I'm gonna play the sh!t outta it way. I mean, would you guys rather I keep it locked in its case and rub it with a diaper every now and then? or (since it is my dream guitar after all) would you guys like to see it become my new f@cking "right arm"? The guitar Paco see's his dad grab every time he leaves the house, the guitar that omnipresent in his home and in his childhood memories, the guitar that when he gets it; It'll remind him of me, 'cause it's daddy's guitar. ;)

Paco's gonna get all my stuff. I've already been telling him that all of these guitars will be his one day. But before then, he's gonna get an SE, and then he's gonna mow the damn lawn and get a part-time job to learn the value of working for what he wants. No kid (in my opinion) should get a Ferrari on his 16th birthday, or by extension start off life with a West Street Limited. That's how you get kicked off airplanes for being a drunk asshat like the Hilton boy, or you drive around shooting women in your BMW 'cause you can't get girls to sleep with you and you feel as though your entitled to whatever you want like that other rich dude's son.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but, when something as glorious as this is happens to you... it makes you think about things, ya know? Thanks to you bastids I can never drive past somebody with car trouble again because I'm in a hurry, and every cashier that asks if I'd like to make a donation to save the Habitat of the North American Grey Pigeon is gettin' one of my dollars. It's now like I have an obligation to be as rad of a dude as y'all must think I am to do such an amazingly generous thing.

It's weird. I know y'all gave me a guitar but, it feels like you really gave me a renewed sense of faith in the inherent greatness humanity instead.

Love you guys.

Amazing post, Sergio. I have nothing to add. So eloquently stated. Enjoy the HELL out of that thing. That's what we all would want.

Sounds like you are a great dad. Enjoy Paco while he still allows it!

Kevin

But yeah... I'm totally ruining this guitar. Not in like, a deliberate way but, in a I'm gonna play the sh!t outta it way. I mean, would you guys rather I keep it locked in its case and rub it with a diaper every now and then? or (since it is my dream guitar after all) would you guys like to see it become my new f@cking "right arm"? The guitar Paco see's his dad grab every time he leaves the house, the guitar that omnipresent in his home and in his childhood memories, the guitar that when he gets it; It'll remind him of me, 'cause it's daddy's guitar. ;)

Love you guys.

My first son is now 3 years and 2 months old, while my second one is 7 months old. I completely understand the way you feel right now and completely agree that they must learn to work hard! I also feel the need to spoil them at the same time (if that makes any sense)...
My wife took last week videos of me and my older son going round a tee table, me playing child songs unplugged on the 513, him following with a drum around his neck and the young one clapping his hands while he watches us.
Why I am saying all this? Sergio there are more great memories ahead. Try to enjoy every single one of them! Even not sleeping properly :) . Again I wish you and your family healthy moments together; that's all that matters.
Play the crap out of that westie and try to create great memories with your son and the westie so that one means more to him than 100 PS ones (ok maybe a couple of them :) )

But yeah... I'm totally ruining this guitar. Not in like, a deliberate way but, in a I'm gonna play the sh!t outta it way. I mean, would you guys rather I keep it locked in its case and rub it with a diaper every now and then? or (since it is my dream guitar after all) would you guys like to see it become my new f@cking "right arm"? The guitar Paco see's his dad grab every time he leaves the house, the guitar that's omnipresent in his home and in his childhood memories, the guitar that when he gets it; It'll remind him of me, 'cause it's daddy's guitar. ;)

Love you guys.

Play the crap outta that thing Sergio. Seriously...spank the White right off of it. Lil' dude can always send it in to PTC to have it refinished in blue when you're done with it.

My first son is now 3 years and 2 months old, while my second one is 7 months old. I completely understand the way you feel right now and completely agree that they must learn to work hard! I also feel the need to spoil them at the same time (if that makes any sense)...
My wife took last week videos of me and my older son going round a tee table, me playing child songs unplugged on the 513, him following with a drum around his neck and the young one clapping his hands while he watches us.
Why I am saying all this? Sergio there are more great memories ahead. Try to enjoy every single one of them! Even not sleeping properly :) . Again I wish you and your family healthy moments together; that's all that matters.
Play the crap out of that westie and try to create great memories with your son and the westie so that one means more to him than 100 PS ones (ok maybe a couple of them :) )

Rad! Man, I'm already having the best time, my days are filled with poopy diapers, smiles, tummy time, and lots of music with my little dude. I honestly didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I do, even the lack of sleep isn't too bad although I do tell him that nothing good ever happens before noon. :cool: I totally get wanting to spoil the sh!t outta dude, I want him to have everything already but it's also important to want things, ya know?

Yeah, I hope I didn't come off mean by quoting your post, it was more of a jumping off point for some of the things that have been running through my head since Monday. I mean, I don't deserve this guitar. At all. Not one bit but, I'm gonna rock it.

I hope it will bring some joy to everyone who participated (and those that wanted too but were unable to) to see me wear this thing all the time. Like, when your girl gets excited that you're wearing that sweater she got for you last Christmas. Only this time, I really do love it!

My kids are grown, and I still feel that way about them.

As you know from my many posts about what they're up to.

I love how much you love your kids, Les. I aspire to be like you in that way.

What kind of diaper are we talking here? #1 or major transaction?

#3.

Play the crap outta that thing Sergio. Seriously...spank the White right off of it. Lil' dude can always send it in to PTC to have it refinished in blue when you're done with it.

I'd spank the white off him if he did that! :mad::p

Back