So, what's in your gig bag?

My guitar goes in a gig bag. The one I keep at work also has one of those cables that comes with SE guitars. For everything else, there's:

1128.png

23" Stack On toolbox. (I don't use the insert part)

All the time:
Extra tubes
extra earplugs
extra picks
extra strings
amp fuses
a mic windscreen
an extra instrument cable
an 18" mic flexible boom mount in case the venue only has straight stands
a MacGyver type multi-tool

And also fits:
the snake that runs from my pedalboard to my amp
my main instrument cable from my guitar to pedalboard
speaker cable
microphone
power cables
GS-1000 guitar stand

I always have tools with me in a backpack and pretty much every spare cable I have from 50' down to the patch cables and my own 4 cable snake. I bring picks, strings, backup guitar, guitar stands, backup amp, my own SM57 and Sennheiser E935 and XLR's and a DI box if I have my acoustic. My Line6 DuoVerb 100w 2x12 (stereo modeling channels but no fx) has stereo DI outs with it's own trim knob. I love this feature because if I turn the amp up at all after the sound check for stage volume it doesn't affect the DI output signal at all so the sound guy doesn't need to adjust anything although getting them to use the DI outs instead of mics can be a challenge. I usually roll with what makes them happiest but I lose the stereo from my effects when they mic it. I'd prefer to get a much nicer tube amp because that's really the next upgrade for me besides a core PRS but I do still manage to get some nice tones out of the Line6. I get asked about it fairly frequently actually.

Usually just a cable, some type of iPhone adaptor cable for the iStrobosoft tuner app, probably some stray picks too but those are on my keychain too. Everything else is in my rack drawer.

I must clarify my answer on page 1. When I read "gig bag" I wasn't thinking of a bag that a guitar fits in, but my PRS gig bag. It goes everywhere I play, and my list is stored in it. It has been worth every penny, and if it falls apart tomorrow, another will be ordered immediately.

Back