So, what's in your gig bag?

NomadMike

Or case.
so, when you head out the door what odds and ends do you bring with you?

Off the top of my head

Picks
3 slides
Packs of strings
several guitar cables
several instrument cables
several patch cables
Preamp and power amp tubes
fuses
female to female coupler
3 guitar straps
screw drivers
cruztools set
soldering iron set
wire cutters
needle nose pliers
electrical tape
one spot backup
9v batteries
SAE and Metric Hex Key Allen Wrench sets
micro fiber polishing cloth
extension cord
power strip
bottle opener
swiss army knife
2 bottles of water
ear plugs

Guitar
Whammy bar
Strap
Picks
Strings
Switchblade

Last edited by a moderator:
Two different tuners
4 Microphone Cables
3 13 pin cables
2 Mogami Instrument Cables
2 Guitar Straps
1 25 foot Indoor/Outdoor Extension Cord
3 3 Prong Power Cables
1 Outlet Testor
One Cruz Tools Set with a Scubb capo, glass bottle slide, and a quarter
Gig Light
Extra Batteries- 9V and AA
Battery Tester
JDI Duplex Stereo Direct Box
Subsonic Filter Box
Extra Strings- 3 sets
E-Bow
Bag of 100 picks
Ear Plugs
Finger Ease for the back of the neck
Fast Fret for the front
Guitar cleaning kit

Last edited:
4 dozen condoms, 1 toothbrush, 1 tube toothpaste, 2 bottles suntan lotion.

Hey, a guy could get lucky...

How lucky do you think you can get? I mean, really, it seems excessive - TWO bottles of suntan lotion???

LOL this thread is cracking me up.

I have a gig bag with a lot of goodies.

Strings (and stringwinder, cutters, etc), Picks, 9V Batteries (for acoustic guitar and my fuzz box that needs them), AA Batteries for my wireless mic and guitar packs), Finger Ease/string lubricant, Big Bends Nut Sauce, OneSpot adapter, 2 spare cables (from guitar to pedalboard and pedalboard to amp), spare patch cables for pedals, and some other odds and ends i'm forgetting.

I was pretty sure the four dozen condoms where going to be followed by black, silver, and white stage makeup.
the_demon_chocolate_kiss_by_jinshi0k-d55dzyh.jpg

Last edited:
3 25' Monster cables
Line6 G50 wireless transmitter
Mike stand pick holder
Bag of picks
Bag of "band promo" picks
2 in-line hi/lo z transformers
4 AA batteries
1 9v battery
Egnater Renegade footswitch
Power cable for Egnater Renegade
Shure Beta58
Shure sm58
Shure Beta57
Shure sm57
Spare tubes
Gaffers tape
Spare tuner
Spare pedalboard cables
5-10 sets strings
ZZ Top key chain

Last edited:
Well I don't have a case or bag because I was dumb and bought my SE at GC, so I just use a pencil case that I got at the milwaukee rally (motorcycles and guitars, heck yeah). I just keep the essentials in it with my books and stuff stacked on my amp.

In the pouch I just have

A few packs of strings
String winder
Polishing cloth
Microfiber cloth
"Precision" screwdriver set (its just really small, nothing really precision about it)
Wire cutters
Picks
Allen wrenches
And a tremolo bar that I never use... I suppose I could PIF if anyone needs one

Some day ill get a case or bag and have enough storage to keep all my guitar goodies in 1 place, but I don't travel with it, so its not exactly top priority.

No gig bags here, a hard case is always the first purchase if it didn't come with one.

Electric guitar cases: Dunlop Nylon 1.00 mm picks in Dunlop pick holder, Kyser Quick Change (only in the McCarty case), Reunion Blues Wool strap, and a set of Ernie Ball STHB strings
Acoustic guitar cases: Dunlop Nylon .88 mm picks in Dunlop pick holder, Kyser Quick Change (only in 414CE case, Reunion Blues Wool strap, and a Planet Waves string changer tool

My gig bag is my van and trailer. Besides playing out I do live sound for other bands and all kinds of odd sound jobs. My gig bag has every cable and adapter known to man as I have found that some people don't have a clue how to prepare to perform in front of an audience. The most difficult job is a county pageant that I do every year, this one can get interesting.

Those guys with the big long lists...my list looks similar. I always bring a spare EVERYTHING from strings to PSs to tubes and fuses. They don't all ride in my gigbag or cases though. I bring a toolbox and a purse ...IT'S A SATCHEL!!! and my pedaltrain pro has a gigbag and not a case and it has a nice big pouch that can hold a lot of spare stuff.

But every case and gigbag always has the essentials like a spare set of strings (at LEAST one), picks, trem arm, batteries (9V and those CR3032s or whatever they are for the clip-on tuners..not sure why, I don't use those things on my electrics but I always keep a clip-on in my cases too), peg winder, clip-on tuner, a 12AX7 and a couple of 84s, truss wrench and a couple of hex wrenches, a few plectrums, the case candy AND...the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT thing to ALWAYS have in your case or gigbag...a GUITAR!!!!!!!!

For acoustic gigs, it's usually a pack of strings, a few picks and a strap in the case. I carry a backpack with a stand, a couple cables, tuner, battery, capo, slide.

For a jam with an electric, I'll throw in a couple cables, tuner, maybe my AC Booster, picks, strap, strings.

Band practice or small (non-paid) gigs, between gig bag and pedalboard bag I'll have a few cables, power cord, extension cord, picks, capo, slide, strings.

For a "real" gig, I bring the above plus a small tool box with screwdrivers, allen wrenches, extra tubes, duct tape, etc.

Oh! And earplugs. Always have my earplugs!

Back