So my daughter just graduated from college...this college...

Danerada

Goatee Practitioner
So my daughter just graduated from college this past Saturday. The college is in the Lake Placed/Lake Saranac region. It is stupid nice up there! She graduated with her Bachelor Degree in Culinary Arts and Service Management. She is back home now and starts Thursday as the Sous Chef at Bridges (a local restaurant that some of you may know). I am so proud of her.

Anyway here is the college she graduated from this weekend...you will get a kick out of this.

http://www.paulsmiths.edu/

Pretty area. Congrats to you and your daughter. I will have to eat at Bridges next time I am in the area.

Congrats, Dane! And to think, a college named after Paul Smith. Who'da thunk it?

Pretty cool co-incidence... here's another...

Paul Smith's college's motto is....

"It's all about the experience"!

Your daughter chose wisely Dane. Looking at it, it reminds me of Bath Spa Uni which I wanted to go to. Looked like a great, inspirational place to study.

Nice.
Is your family going to take over kitchen?

The restaurant she is going to be working (Bridges) is the same restaurant at which my wife is the dessert chef.

Congrats dude!! The Adirondacks rule!!! I live an hour south of Placid...great area!! Hike all the time

It is absolutely beautiful there! I had no idea! I really want to return and do some exploring.

Congrats to you and your daughter Dane! I live 30 minutes away...drove through there yesterday in fact. And yet I never thought of how close the name of that town is to a certain guitar company that has continued to keep me inspired and blown away by their creative goodness.
Oh, and it snowed on and off all day here in Lake Placid. It was a good excuse to bust out an emerald green '88 Sig.

Back