My Son, My Granddaughter In Cool Stuff In Chicago On The Same Weekend - So Fun.

László

Too Many Notes
I had the crazy cool pleasure of seeing my close relations perform in utterly wonderful, cool stuff this weekend!

Saw my granddaughter in a gorgeous Opening Night Lyric Opera production of 'Fiddler on the Roof' that was directed by a famed Berlin-based opera director and it was amazing - here's a link to the four star (their highest rating) review in the Chicago Tribune -

Omi is the little one in the wagon pulled by Tevye and Golde in this pic from the show:

VQ9OsVJ.jpg

The Lyric Opera is the largest opera house in the US, and it was a sold out show. The critics loved it, and Omi was SO CUTE and SO GOOD in her role as Tevye's youngest daughter, Bielke.

In an incredible twist of fate, I also saw my son perform with his friends The Academy Is at Riot Fest the next night.

Even though Nine Inch Nails was on at the same time, The Academy Is still drew a crowd of somewhere around 20,000 people. I found this YouTube video by doing a random google, and for some reason, yeah, they posted the only slow song, but his guitar still sounded good and he had a ball. His fiancee also came in for the show from LA - I thought that was pretty cool, because she'd never seen him do a live show; since they've met he was busy with the podcast stuff. She said she loved it.

Still, big crowd, great show, the sound mix was terrific (Whatever phone recorded this video doesn't do it justice):

Jamie's playing the Strat and singing backing vocals (yes, I know, and I'm trying to convert him, but I suspect it will take my PS guitars when I'm DEAD!).

So did Papa have a great time? I will leave it to you to guess.

OK, hint:

Yes. What a great weekend!

P.S. I take credit for the talented gene pool! (insert laughing so hard I cried emoji)

Last edited:
I didn't even know that was a thing!
(Neither did I, to be honest. Those images just look crazy [artificially] lit, though. Maybe it's the former amateur-photographer in me that notices that kinda stuff.)

Congrats again, though, on your granddaughter's performance success and all. You've got some talent in your genes, for sure!

I told my daughter I always thought my granddaughter had 'it' for the stage. Then I said, "Good thing I was right, and not just being Stage Grandpa'.

Laughs are hard to get from my daughter, who has very little patience for my jokes. But this time she laughed.

Evidently, I'm not dead yet.

"Oh, you're quite dead, you just don't know it."

"But what about all that 'I think, therefore I am' stuff?"

"You are. You're just dead, that's all. No worries."

"Want my ouija board so we can continue to communicate?"

Back