My Granddaughter Landed Another Big Musical Theater Role.

László

Too Many Notes
My granddaughter Omi finished her run in Sound of Music on Sunday. My wife and I came into Chicago for it, and my son and his fiancee also flew in, which was wonderful. The whole family was there. The cast was on fire - their best performance, that end-of-show thing.

Yesterday Omi shot a Kellogg's cereal commercial. You'd think that would be enough for a ten year old, right?

Nope. I held off on posting this until the cast was officially announced:

Omi will be Bielke (one of Tevye's daughters) in Chicago Lyric Opera's new production of Fiddler on the Roof this fall! This production originally ran in Berlin. The director is the hottest opera and musical theater guy in Europe, and it's the first US production of his version of the show. It's her most prestigious show yet.

Chicago Lyric Opera is in downtown Chicago, and it's a pretty special place.

Here's a link to the production of this show. The production values are absolutely incredible, as you can see from a shot of the Berlin show:

You can click on 'more' to see Omi's picture in the cast. The cast's experience is listed on the site - mostly Broadway stuff, Tony awards, etc.

Advance Apologia:

I realize this is yet another post in my long and perhaps insufferable family-brags, but dammit, the family does pretty cool things in the arts! How am I supposed to STFU?

Hell, if I drop dead I'm gonna post this stuff as a ghost, if necessary! ;)

We all know how difficult it is to succeed in music, art, acting, etc., and my goodness, I'm beyond excited to see success! I can't keep this to myself. Perhaps I should. Whatever. I can't stop. I had to share my happiness. What's better than seeing your family enjoy their lives? Is there so much that's wrong with 'share my joy'?

I'll post some pics of some cool stuff when my iPad finally charges and I can upload some pics with the Imgur app.

Last edited:
Pics - self explanatory. First one‘s from the Berlin version.

fpznqSL.jpg

Cast info:

XGIwKUO.jpg

That is beyond cool in my books. Fiddler is one of my all time favorite productions and I've seen several efforts from small town (local) to top drawer professional productions that have all had me clapping and singing along no matter how hard I tried not to. Fair play to your grand daughter and another well deserved feather in your hat to you! Shoot, if it wasn't so far away I'd probably go myself, that's how much I enjoy that production. Having a somewhat personal tie to it would just be icing on the cake.

That is beyond cool in my books. Fiddler is one of my all time favorite productions and I've seen several efforts from small town (local) to top drawer professional productions that have all had me clapping and singing along no matter how hard I tried not to. Fair play to your grand daughter and another well deserved feather in your hat to you! Shoot, if it wasn't so far away I'd probably go myself, that's how much I enjoy that production. Having a somewhat personal tie to it would just be icing on the cake.
The actor playing Tevye in this production did it in a Yiddish production off-Broadway a little while back. I think he's got the perfect voice for it. My feeling is that when the Tevye character is well-played, the show pretty much falls into place.

Back