Father’s Day ‘23

aamefford

The (should be) Committed
Didn’t see one, thought it would be fun. List your gifts, experiences, what made it great, or not. I’ll start:
I woke up at 5:30 AM to my daughter gorilla crawling across the bedroom floor. “What are you doing honey?”

“Shhh! I’m hiding clues. Don’t read it yet!”

“Ok”

She wakes me up at 7:30, and leads me around the house to find a total of 7 entertaining clues, culminating in me finding her Art I final in the refrigerator. It was a happy Father’s Day poster.

June 3 was her high school graduation. She is the first person with Down Syndrome to graduate with an earned diploma from her high school. She graduated with honors as well. She starts at the local community college this fall. I guess our family is kinda blessed.

June 3 was her high school graduation. She is the first person with Down Syndrome to graduate with an earned diploma from her high school. She graduated with honors as well. She starts at the local community college this fall. I guess our family is kinda blessed.
That's awesome! You gotta be a proud dad!

Didn’t see one, thought it would be fun. List your gifts, experiences, what made it great, or not. I’ll start:
I woke up at 5:30 AM to my daughter gorilla crawling across the bedroom floor. “What are you doing honey?”

“Ok”

She wakes me up at 7:30, and leads me around the house to find a total of 7 entertaining clues, culminating in me finding her Art I final in the refrigerator. It was a happy Father’s Day poster.

This is very heart warming.

My day was pretty uneventful, which many of my days are these days. I am trying to spice things up a bit to break out of it but am not there yet. I did however get to spend some time talking with my only Daughter in the evening on the phone. That was time well spent.

That is so awesome; what an amazing achievement!
It sure is! It took a village to help her through, especially algebra essentials. She worked super hard for 4 years. So did the rest of the village!
That's awesome! You gotta be a proud dad!
There are many as proud, none prouder.
This is very heart warming.

My day was pretty uneventful, which many of my days are these days. I am trying to spice things up a bit to break out of it but am not there yet. I did however get to spend some time talking with my only Daughter in the evening on the phone. That was time well spent.
Uneventful can be good. Talking to your daughter had to be great. I talked to my dad for a while last night.

“Ok”

Bloody awesome!

With many more blessings to come, I hope! Your daughter is an inspiration.

“Ok”

That's a carp ton better story than me getting taken out for sushi!
Congrats!

Lets see on my Fathers Day...
It appears my daughter forgot all about it...
But at about 11am I did get a text wishing me Happy Fathers Day from a completely unknown number....
So that kind of made my day in a chortle type way but I did not have the heart to reply and tell them they got the wrong number...

“Ok”

Well, that's a special Father's Day if I've ever heard of one! Congrats to you and her both!!! A lot to be proud of there!!!

I had a bit of a special one, too - my birthday was on Father's Day this year, first time since having kids. We had a super chill weekend, food truck night at the park Friday, farmer's market, cleaned up the deck, deep cleaned my smoker and installed it in my FD/birthday present - a new grill cart - on Saturday, smoked a bit of brisket and took the kids to the pool on Sunday. We were on vacation first full week of June, so we were very ready to relax, and relax we did!!!

52988599340_acc4f968ae_h.jpg

52988687253_2f4d642937_h.jpg

52988599590_7fd9b670d8_k.jpg

52988599315_a974a617c1_h.jpg

Quiet day for us...one of the kids tested positive for COVID so the planned family smoke-out got rescheduled.
Took a nice hike with my wife (The Enabler)...that's northern CT and MA in the background.
rnblue1.jpg

And I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but bourbon has become the FD gift of choice...
BWUv5Uz.jpg

Ended the day with a call from my son who's in the last round of nuke school with the Navy.

Quiet day for us...one of the kids tested positive for COVID so the planned family smoke-out got rescheduled.
Took a nice hike with my wife (The Enabler)...that's northern CT and MA in the background.
rnblue1.jpg

And I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but bourbon has become the FD gift of choice...
BWUv5Uz.jpg

Ended the day with a call from my son who's in the last round of nuke school with the Navy.
Two bottles down now, right??? ;)

Love the family photo's here!

This is not meant to be sad. On Fathers Day I went to the cemetary where my folks are buried. With tools in hand I trimmed the grass around the head stones of my parents and grandparents graves. It's all a labor of love and I had nothing but good thoughts of past memories when I was there. Even remembered some funny family happenings. No worries, it's all good!

To those of you with young children, get the most of what you can while your kids are little because it goes by so fast.

Love the family photo's here!

This is not meant to be sad. On Fathers Day I went to the cemetary where my folks are buried. With tools in hand I trimmed the grass around the head stones of my parents and grandparents graves. It's all a labor of love and I had nothing but good thoughts of past memories when I was there. Even remembered some funny family happenings. No worries, it's all good!

To those of you with young children, get the most of what you can while your kids are little because it goes by so fast.
I do this on Memorial Day for my paternal grandparents. My grandfather was in WWI. The feelings are the same. Good memories, a little melancholy. Good on you for doing this!

Back