My PRS story

Awesome read. It's great that something that you're so passionate about is tied with such fond memories.

Cool story, Vaughn. If it were on video with the appropriate flashback photos, they could play it during the foosball tournament.

Better than my story...

Moving story. Thanks for allowing us to share that special time in your life. It's amazing how something made with exceptional care and dedication, like music or an instrument, can really become part of your life.

I still remember you going through all of the effort of documenting and detailing those Star Wars toys... pre-interweb style. Vaughn's dad was super rad, and I know I really enjoyed the times he took us on road trips to hit different music stores.

Cool story, Vaughn. If it were on video with the appropriate flashback photos, they could play it during the foosball tournament.

Better than my story...
Better is relative and just opinion. I wish the digital age had started sooner. My dad wasn't real fond of pictures getting taken, so we don't have a ton of them. If it were as easy as it is today, I can't help but believe we'd have a ton more.

I still remember you going through all of the effort of documenting and detailing those Star Wars toys... pre-interweb style. Vaughn's dad was super rad, and I know I really enjoyed the times he took us on road trips to hit different music stores.
Yeah, that was a lot of work. I can't even remember how I came across the guy that bought everything, he was in Florida. Maybe some collector magazine ad or something.

Those were truly good times, filled with lots of memories and some pretty funny quotes. :laugh:

My dad wasn't real fond of pictures getting taken, so we don't have a ton of them. If it were as easy as it is today, I can't help but believe we'd have a ton more.

My dad was the same way - never wanted to get his picture taken, always ducked his head or turned away. He finally changed after grandchildren (even though it took a year or so). He still occasionally puts on a show to be dragged into a picture, but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. At a family graduation party a few years ago (my daughter, my cousin's daughter and another cousin's twins all had a group party for that side of the family), he put up a bit of a show getting dragged into a picture of all the brothers and sisters (my wife's idea). That was the last time all six of them were together - my dad's oldest brother died a few weeks ago, the first of the kids (three of the spouses preceded him, including his own about a month before that). The youngest is 73 - my aunt said, "We have been so lucky that we all lived this long before any of us died."

Alan, that's awesome they all got in that picture one last time! Sorry about your uncle.

Thank you for sharing your great story, and I'm sorry about your dad.

Thank you for posting the story. For you to share this says alot about you as a person, which also speaks volumes about your dad. My own dad never gave a rats ass about me, so as i sometimes read things like this I try to imagine how nice that must have been. I would tell you your dad sounds like he was a special guy, but I believe you've known this for a long long time.

Yes, he was very special. Always a joker. Quite a character. It's strange. At times it seems like yesterday, at others it feels like years ago. 17 years ago seems hard to believe. Not to discount my mom in any way. She was a saint just for putting up with my BS and somehow still loving me through my teenage years :D
My dad just had the connection with me and music & obviously PRS. Thank you to everyone here for the kind words and sharing the memories with me.

Back