So... I'm making some Eriza Verde plates for my DGT.

Glide-bpm

We were small but we were slow...
No clear yet. Were dead on after a water wipe. The clear should darken it a tiny bit and the wet look of the clear gloss will bring out the 3D effects look good again!!!

DupYidS.jpeg

jI8UrQ6.jpeg

CWmES2y.jpeg

Last edited:
way cool , that's not an easy color match ..bravo!
Turquoise, back sand, two yellow coats with wet wipedown after each coat of yellow. They match the top color dead on. Think I'd have to add some thinned down turquoise to match the neck color a little better (possibly with another yellow rub).

way cool , that's not an easy color match ..bravo!
Enjoying experimenting because it's so cool how the wet rubs bring it together and to get to add more coats of certain colors to mod the recipes I've found.
m3iktl9.jpeg

cK3S6OD.jpeg

pdlMIet.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there any way easier to get alcohol based dyes out that sanding until have the wood is gone?
I've seen some talk about some kind of bleach for the maple that won't damage the wood, but who knows?.....

Well... In more trial and error moments, I've found that when trying to make that sort of eriza verde replacement tremolo plate to replace the one that had a hairline crack, use the navy blue base and sand more, not the turquoise and light sand. I thought I'd never get much grain and flame to come out on this replacement plate.
No clear yet. Second pic is the original two plates. Zoom in close and you can see the "repaired" crack on the first term plate

knaFyXP.jpeg

QgJTm80.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks awesome! Really adds a nice custom touch to your DGT.. the neck on that thing is Sick!! I have the SE version and it's an amazing guitar, a core DGT is on my wishlist.

Charles

Back